Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Apr. 4th, '14, 5:00 pm   #1
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,100
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 7 - West

This week was a great portrayal of the importance of the penalty kill. The teams at the top of the list all did a great job on the pk, those on the bottom did not, with the exception of Colombus (who had the 3rd highest pk with 82%).

This week I am introducing a new award: The Bob Marley "Hitter of the Week"
The art of hitting is a science and not everyone can do it, just ask Amonte. This award goes to the player who had the most hits in a week. Our first winner of the trophy goes to Jordan who had 55 Hits this week.Note KT was second with 54, while 3rd was BBB who had 52. I would like to point out that BBB only played in 2 games, and Jordan and Kt played in 4. Congrats Jordan.

Calgary Defense
[ Defense | 11 goals against ] - [ Week Record | 4-0-0 ]

When I looked at the stats there were 2 people who really stuck out to me.. Bubba, who had a 88.2 save percentage, letting only 8 shots by, while saving 60, he also had a shutout which is a phenomenal achievement in this league. The other player was KT. KT had a 92.3 d-rating, 54 hits, 8 assists and 3 goals, playing in 4 games.

San Jose Special Teams
[ Special Teams | 30% power play | 94% penalty killing ] - [ Week Record | 4-1-0 ]

Two other players stuck out to me, Revelations and Atrsnowman. Rev had 14 goals, 7 assists, while playing in 5 games this week, helping his team go 4-1, with him on the ice. Snowman aka Frosty played in all 5 games, netting. 5 goals, and 9 assists, also posting a great d-rating of an 86. These two guys definitely contributed significantly to their teams success this week. The Sharks posted a league high pk of 94%. Defense wins championships, and a pk is a good indicator of a team's defensive ability in my opinion.

Thamps
Washington Capitals
[ Forward | 3gp | 5g | 8a | 13pts ] - [ Week Record | 3-0-0 ]

There he is.. Everyone knows Thamps is a phenom on offense but he hasnt really done his thing this year, until now. It appears Stella got her groove back.Thamps played in 3 games had 13 points (5g and 8a), had 48 hits, was a +4, and was undefeated on the week. Great job Thamps.

Old Apr. 4th, '14, 5:10 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

great job Steve and congrats to the winners.

Bob Marley "Hitter" of the Week - classic!

Old Apr. 4th, '14, 5:13 pm   #3
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,160
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Thamps was so good he switched conferences?

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 4th, '14, 5:19 pm   #4
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,642
Pittsburgh, PA

Nice write up man!

Old Apr. 4th, '14, 5:21 pm   #5
Jordan9289
Pure Garbage
Jan 2009 843
403 Calgary, Ab

Good shit Steve, way to mix it up a bit bro. Thanks for doing these week in and week out. I'd like to see how many hits BBB could produce if he played all 4 games.

1 question tho steve, since when was Washington in the west? Lol great write up none the less Steve!!
Old Apr. 4th, '14, 5:35 pm   #6
MACNORTH

Jun 2008 1,055
Upstate NY
Send a message via MSN to MACNORTH Send a message via AIM to MACNORTH

Yeah...the Caps play in DC T ... Not Washington the state
Old Apr. 4th, '14, 6:09 pm   #7
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA

Congrats on the Western Conference 3 stars thamps! Just kidding T, great write up and thanks for the shout out
[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/24wu541.jpg[/IMG]
Old Apr. 5th, '14, 1:34 am   #8
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,100
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Sorry for the mess up, I am on a bus, chaproning Grad night and just wanted to make sure i got this done..Halfassed but i hope you enjoy.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
Old Apr. 5th, '14, 2:49 am   #9
chazzzz84
I'm a Bear
Dec 2012 978
Lake Hills, New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBS MrT XBS View Post
Sorry for the mess up, I am on a bus, chaproning Grad night and just wanted to make sure i got this done..Halfassed but i hope you enjoy.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
What dedication T, I love it. We definitely enjoyed it. It's not everyday you have a Bob Marley award GREAT STUFF BUDDY

Congrats to the Stars of the Week
I'm a Bear ('''''\ ( ;....; ) /''''')
Old Apr. 5th, '14, 6:03 am   #10
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,025
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Good writeup as always T. Thanks for the shoutout.... even if it was in the wrong conference haha.