Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Jun. 8th, '12, 12:04 pm   #981
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Have the office to myself today so I just finished watching "Goon". It was alright. About what I expected. Next up, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 12:38 pm   #982
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Have the office to myself today so I just finished watching "Goon". It was alright. About what I expected. Next up, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".
I thought Goon was good and you know how i feel about hockey Sean William Scott cracks me the fuck up.
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 12:43 pm   #983
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,115
Toronto

I bought Goon last week and will watch it this weekend (I forgot I had it sitting at home).

Old Jun. 8th, '12, 1:00 pm   #984
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Oh yeah, it was good. Nothing great so that's what I meant about it being what I expected. Funny, entertaining. Definitely no surprises so the previews did the movie justice.
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 1:23 pm   #985
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,154
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Going to Prometheus tonight. I had no idea it was an Alien prequel until the other day, so my expectations have changed accordingly.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 1:31 pm   #986
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
Going to Prometheus tonight. I had no idea it was an Alien prequel until the other day, so my expectations have changed accordingly.
I can not wait to see this, let me know what you think. Im hoping to go tomorrow, time permitting.
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 1:46 pm   #987
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

So, The Rise of the Planet of the Apes is about to make me cry....in disappointment I could've accepted the movie but it's getting idiotic right now. I guess I'll call them the "prison scenes" just have me damn near laughing out loud it's so absurd.
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 1:53 pm   #988
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,115
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I can not wait to see this, let me know what you think. Im hoping to go tomorrow, time permitting.

What??? I never heard that (the prequel), when did this get known?....I don't see movies in theaters anymore (unless they are kids movies with my little ones)....so I'll still wait until it hits Blu Ray...but I love and own all the Alien(s) movies...still think the 2nd was the best IMO.

Do they have any appearances from any original cast members? Sigourney Weaver? Lance Henriksen?(he was in the 2nd and last)

Old Jun. 8th, '12, 1:59 pm   #989
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,154
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
What??? I never heard that (the prequel), when did this get known?....I don't see movies in theaters anymore (unless they are kids movies with my little ones)....so I'll still wait until it hits Blu Ray...but I love and own all the Alien(s) movies...still think the 2nd was the best IMO.

Do they have any appearances from any original cast members? Sigourney Weaver? Lance Henriksen?(he was in the 2nd and last)
From what I understand, no. But it's also to take place WAY before the original movie. And answer some of the seemingly random questions. When I watched the first full trailer not knowing it was supposed to be a prequel, I saw enough imagery (the life-support pods, the eggs, etc) that made me wonder if Ridley Scott had just plain run out of ideas. Now I get it. And the dead giveaway was that they mention the Weyland Corporation (obviously a precursor to the Weyland-Yutani Corp).

I read the gist of a review on RottenTomatoes after learning this and the vibe was that it combines the suspense horror of the first film with the raw action of the 2nd.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 8th, '12, 2:50 pm   #990
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,115
Toronto

Nice, maybe I might have to sneak out one night