Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Aug. 4th, '10, 1:05 pm   #1
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99
Default Limbo

I bought the highly touted xbox live arcade game last night around 12:30am and finished around 4 so it's not a long game. It's a fun puzzle game with a great feel to it and simple controls. Not sure it's quite worth the $15/1200msp but other than the length it's not a disappointing game (I don't regret buying it). I'm looking forward to finishing it again in the near future. If you really want to get all the fun out of this game you can, try to finish it with as few deaths as possible the first time you play it. This will make you play slower and fear death a little more. When you do die, you spawn very close to your most recent corpse (and there's a lot of them) so it's not frustrating at all. In fact it's kinda fun watching yourself die in a variety of different ways and it's very satisfying when you have a near death experience that you make it through on the first try. Of course once you know where all the traps are, you can make it through quite easily (in most cases).

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Aug. 4th, '10 at 1:07 pm.
Old Aug. 4th, '10, 1:53 pm   #2
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,813
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

I put the demo in my download queue. I'll probably wait for a price drop then.
Old Aug. 4th, '10, 4:04 pm   #3
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

I've been enjoying this game. I love the look and feel and yes the deaths are highly entertaining .
Old Aug. 4th, '10, 4:50 pm   #4
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 2,925
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

Beat it last week. Very unique and I'm kinda glad it isn't very long. I don't have a lot of time for long games so its nice to be able to complete one once in awhile!
Old Aug. 5th, '10, 2:04 pm   #5
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR

Beat it for a 2nd time. It only took about 75 minutes and 25 deaths. Hopefully I can do it with 5 or fewer for the achievement next time now that I'll remember where I died last time.

Edit: booyah! 57 minutes and 5 deaths with 3 coming in the last 2-3 obsticles. I died twice on this one that I never really mess up on and once on the last jump to set up a do or die moment. Managed to land it and 100% victory for me! Trying to go for that achievement makes it more intense than playing the game the first time.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Aug. 6th, '10 at 1:06 am.
Old Aug. 6th, '10, 3:52 am   #6
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

This is a very cool game. about halway through in about 2 hours. I don't mind dying alot. some of the deaths are pretty entertaining.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Aug. 6th, '10, 8:05 am   #7
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 2,925
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
Beat it for a 2nd time. It only took about 75 minutes and 25 deaths. Hopefully I can do it with 5 or fewer for the achievement next time now that I'll remember where I died last time.

Edit: booyah! 57 minutes and 5 deaths with 3 coming in the last 2-3 obsticles. I died twice on this one that I never really mess up on and once on the last jump to set up a do or die moment. Managed to land it and 100% victory for me! Trying to go for that achievement makes it more intense than playing the game the first time.
I kinda wanna get it too, especially if you can gun through it in 57 minutes.
Old Aug. 6th, '10, 9:21 am   #8
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
I kinda wanna get it too, especially if you can gun through it in 57 minutes.
The fact that's it's one continual game without loading screens, just one puzzle/life or death event after another keeps things moving. I didn't stop much and only died 5 times so I may have been able to shave another 5 minutes off if I had done perfectly.
Old Nov. 23rd, '14, 4:52 am   #9
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
It's a free rental to celebrate XBox One's (1st) birthday. I can't believe all the negativity around it (reading other sites as well).
I just said that in another thread so no, this isn't a complaint.

Just received an XBox message (as did many others) saying the early XBox One adopters will be getting Limbo for free. Thought that was definitely an odd choice. Quickly searching though, it's rumored to be coming to XBox One so maybe it isn't such an odd choice.

Right now I couldn't even tell you if I bought Limbo, with my usual intentions of playing a game, for the 360