XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Announcements

Old Nov. 19th, '15, 7:29 pm   #1
X-BOT
Super Moderator

Jun 2008 582
Mainframe
Default New Admin Announcement: BTW8892!

Gentlemen,

It is with much pleasure as well as gratitude that we welcome BTW8892, known to many as Bryan or BTW, as a full time Administrator here at XBS. As a graduate with a programming degree, Bryan offered to take a look at our XBSHL scoreboard, which had fallen into disrepair. After a few short days, BTW was able to figure things out and get the scoreboard running again.

Needless to say we're very happy to welcome BTW to the team, both for his programming skills as well as his perspective as a longtime member of this community. His insight behind the scenes has been a breath of fresh air, and echoes the energy this community is building towards our next season of the XBSHL.

Please join me in welcoming Bryan to your team of administrators!

Rip Winkle (Pat), Phoenix (Rob), BTW8892 (Bryan), OSB (Pieter)
Old Nov. 19th, '15, 7:32 pm   #2
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,380
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Congrats Brian

Old Nov. 19th, '15, 7:50 pm   #3
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,223
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

great choice..and great work getting the ole war machine up and running again BTW.

Congrats!
Old Nov. 19th, '15, 8:09 pm   #4
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

From banned to Admin (please read below)

And that might sound like I'm making a back-handed compliment. So, the only reason I mention it is because BTW's "banning" was an obvious mistake we made early in the site. At that time, it didn't take much for us to pull the trigger since we were coming from a "bad place" And if memory serves, which it doesn't as much as it used to, it wasn't even that big of a deal why BTW was banned. I think it had to do with the XBS Club when the EASHL was in its first year and we weren't sure how it worked. What a mess

If nothing else, it says A LOT that BTW is one of maybe a couple perma-bans that was re-instated

Great choice and good luck.
Old Nov. 19th, '15, 8:26 pm   #5
BTW8892

May 2009 2,419
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
From banned to Admin (please read below)

And that might sound like I'm making a back-handed compliment. So, the only reason I mention it is because BTW's "banning" was an obvious mistake we made early in the site. At that time, it didn't take much for us to pull the trigger since we were coming from a "bad place" And if memory serves, which it doesn't as much as it used to, it wasn't even that big of a deal why BTW was banned. I think it had to do with the XBS Club when the EASHL was in its first year and we weren't sure how it worked. What a mess

If nothing else, it says A LOT that BTW is one of maybe a couple perma-bans that was re-instated

Great choice and good luck.
Hahaha I do remember that time way back when. I believe it had to do with some tension between myself and the team owner. We played on top rival EASHL clubs early in the game, and he (don't really remember who it was), wasn't too fond of me for whatever reason. As a result, he started scheduling me for games that I wasn't registered for, and reported me for no showing. Long story short, it was definitely a unique situation that I'm glad was eventually sorted . Good times haha.

Appreciate the kind words too, really means a lot!
Old Nov. 19th, '15, 8:31 pm   #6
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,245
Long Island, NY

Congrats Bryan. And thanks for dedicating your time to getting the league up and running again.

Old Nov. 19th, '15, 8:39 pm   #7
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

Congrats!
Old Nov. 19th, '15, 8:51 pm   #8
TOMPKINSx05
Christopher Tompkins #5 LD
May 2009 437
Boston
Send a message via AIM to TOMPKINSx05

Congrats and your welcome (for putting my xbs spot on the line way back when you got banned) lmao
Old Nov. 19th, '15, 11:06 pm   #9
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 422
Halifax Nova Scotia

Cheers BTW, thanks for making this function as smoothly as possible! Appreciate it very much!

Old Nov. 20th, '15, 9:03 am   #10
ChemicalDpendnt
Dusty is the better brother
May 2011 650
Long Island NY

Congrats Bryan