Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old May. 9th, '16, 4:14 pm   #31
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Blaklash View Post
Getting back on topic, Battlefield 1, as it's being called, I have some mixed feelings over.
And that answers my question Not following gaming anymore I was confused and was literally about to ask the stupid question of whether or not BF5 and BF1 were the same thing

I'll have to look it up but didn't BF already have a WWI? I remember a game on one of the XBox systems that a few of us played way back when. The maps were small and "round" so to speak. It was a good game and I thought it was a BF game.

*EDIT* I might be thinking of Medal of Honor

*EDIT #2* And WWII
Old May. 9th, '16, 4:24 pm   #32
BTW8892

May 2009 2,437
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
I'll have to look it up but didn't BF already have a WWI? I remember a game on one of the XBox systems that a few of us played way back when. The maps were small and "round" so to speak. It was a good game and I thought it was a BF game.

*EDIT* I might be thinking of Medal of Honor

*EDIT #2* And WWII
You may be thinking of Battlefield 1943 that came out in 2009, and it took place during WWII. I believe it was relatively cheap at the time, maybe around $15-$20? From what I remember, it wasn't much of a full game either. It was strictly multiplayer and only consisted of a few maps.

But yeah, that was the last one they had set in that time frame I believe.
Old May. 9th, '16, 5:13 pm   #33
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,438
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
Amen. I'll have Overwatch and CSGO to keep me busy until BF1 comes out
is overwatch any good and maybe dumb question what is csgo

Old May. 9th, '16, 5:37 pm   #34
Blaklash
Stick Puck Leader
Jan 2012 1,254
McLean, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
is overwatch any good and maybe dumb question what is csgo
Overwatch is extremely fun, but it's another one of those games that should really be played with a group of friends in order to enjoy to its fullest. The beta for the game ends tonight unfortunately. It comes out late this month. I might start a thread for it to talk about it more.

CSGO refers to Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Extremely popular "tactical" shooter and another E-sports titan.
Old May. 9th, '16, 5:41 pm   #35
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,600
Boston

My 13-year-old son and his buddies from school have been playing the Overwatch beta all weekend (or as often as I'd let him). He seems to like it.

Old May. 9th, '16, 6:13 pm   #36
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Blaklash View Post
Overwatch is extremely fun, but it's another one of those games that should really be played with a group of friends in order to enjoy to its fullest. The beta for the game ends tonight unfortunately. It comes out late this month. I might start a thread for it to talk about it more.

CSGO refers to Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Extremely popular "tactical" shooter and another E-sports titan.
Couldn't agree more on Overwatch. I've played with groups ranging from 2-6 players, and the best games I've played have come from the 5-6 player games. Something about working as a complete team is just so satisfying.