Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Oct. 27th, '18, 11:25 pm   #1
The_Clusk
Banned
Sep 2018 43
North Carolina
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 2 - XBS 3 Stars of Week Two

What's going on everyone! The_Clusk here, bringing you your 3 Stars for Week Two! Last week I tried to pick a player from offense, defense and goaltending to give you a bit of variety. Well, this week I did not. Love it or hate it, I decided to go with 3 goalies who really helped their clubs keep things close in the standings this week. Ironically enough, all 3 are coming out of the West. Let's jump in, shall we?

As always, thank you all for reading and leaving comments! Feel free to tell me who you think your 3 stars are for week two!

LayNher
Chicago Blackhawks
[ Goalie | 6gp | 0.83gaa | .929% ] - [ Week Record | 6-0-0 ]

LayNher is a guy who arguably should've been the First Star last week. He has been an absolute stud in net thus far, and shows no signs of stopping. Playing 6 games this week, LayNher had a 0.83 GAA, .929 S%, faced the second highest amount of shots (65) and managed to post two shutouts in the process, giving him three shutouts this season! Chicago has yet to lose a game in regulation this season, and there is absolutely no secret that LayNher is the backbone to their success. It'll be interesting to see if teams can find a way to score on him this week, or if he will continue to post monster numbers for the third week in a row.

Vegas Defense
[ Defense | 13 goals against ] - [ Week Record | 7-0-1 ]

This is going to be a bit unusual, but the second star goes to both Krimsonfire and HABS for their performances in week two. Vegas seems to be splitting the time between the two, and neither one has disappointed through two weeks. Vegas has been firing on all cylinders, taking the first spot in the West, and the dynamic duo in the crease has been a big role in getting them there.

Krimsonfire was just that this week. On fire. He posted a 0.75 GAA 5v5, 1.00 GAA, a S% of .933, 2 shutouts and a week two record of 3-0-1. Great work Krimsonfire!

HABS was also pretty solid in net this week for Vegas, posting a week two record of 4-0-0. Through these four games HABS has a 1.75 GAA 5v5, a 2.25 GAA and posted a .855 S%. If Vegas continues to get this level of production out of this duo, it's going to be very tough for anyone to beat them. Congrats guys, you deserve it!

Moarty
St. Louis Blues
[ Goalie | 6gp | 1.67gaa | .889% ] - [ Week Record | 3-2-1 ]

Call me bias on this one since he's my goalie, but my man Moarty had himself another solid week in net, and did I mention his birthday was Friday (10/26). So before I dive into numbers, Happy Birthday Moarty!

Moarty has been a workhorse in net for St. Louis, making an appearance in 12 of 14 games thus far. He posted a 1.33 GAA 5v5, a 1.67 GAA, a .889 S%, faced the highest amount of shots (80) and posted two shutouts, giving him three shutouts this season! He finished 3-2-1 on the week. Moarty has been everything St. Louis could want out of a rookie goaltender, and has helped keep things relatively close in the West. Congrats Moarty!

Old Oct. 27th, '18, 11:31 pm   #2
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,884
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Great work! Thanks for the read.

Old Oct. 27th, '18, 11:38 pm   #3
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 557
Long Island,New York

Goalie week.Good picks.congrats to the stars.well done Clusk

Old Oct. 27th, '18, 11:43 pm   #4
LayNher
Mar 2016 314
Florida

Good work Clusk! Thank you for the shout out and congrats to all.

Old Oct. 28th, '18, 12:02 am   #5
Nutty Grandpa
Dec 2015 173
Canton, GA

nice write-up... It seems we both had the same thought on game play this week.

Old Oct. 28th, '18, 2:22 am   #6
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,035
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Great job on this, always a good read

Old Oct. 28th, '18, 5:49 am   #7
KT
Jul 2008 5,218
Vancouver, B.C

Great read! Had to play against Laynher and Moarty quite a bit so far and they are brick walls back there. Always hard to beat em. Congrats to the three stars

Old Oct. 28th, '18, 12:04 pm   #8
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,245
Long Island, NY

Great write up. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Congrats to the selections.

Old Oct. 28th, '18, 12:05 pm   #9
Moarty
Sep 2018 41

Awesome, thanks The_Clusk!!!!

Old Oct. 28th, '18, 12:38 pm   #10
Sabres19892
Jun 2018 44

Laynher!!! Nice writeup!