Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Nov. 2nd, '18, 5:39 pm   #1
Burnzie79

Sep 2008 71
Ottawa, ON
Wii Extra Life 2018

Hey fellas,

Thought I woulld put this here just for more exposure. Tomorrow November 3 from (I believe) 10:00 EST to Sunday morning, November 4. My self and a group of friends are streaming video games for 24 hours to raise money as part of Extra Life, a charity drive for my local children's hospital. We're doing this as a small part of Rooster Teeth, if any of you guys have heard of them. This will be my 3rd year doing this.

100% of what we raise will go towards CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario). I couldn't take part in last year, but the year before that; we raised a little more than $5000. One incentive we have going is every $20 donation (during the stream, should you donate beforehand mention in the comment that it's for the paintball) to the specific person. We are adding a paintball into the chamber. At the end of the stream (or if it doesn't work out as intended, we will make a seperate video) each member that agreed to do it, will get shot. I had other incentives and stretch goals myself, but one idea was turned down as "potentially too dangerous". And I could not find a business that was selling fresh ghost peppers. I'm going to be more prepared next year for sure with the ideas I've come up with recently.

The stream will be at twitch.tv/rton1

I know games like Mario Kart and Mario Party will be on the main screen. Not sure what else, but we have 24 hours to fill. I'm usually in control of the main screen in the final hours, because I'm one of the few that doesn't fall asleep during these. But I will be around in one of the corners of the room.

If anyone is interested in donating, it's greatly appreciated. Especially if you can add more paintballs to be shot at me. We have 2 bags of 500 to use, and I want to get pelted with as many as possible. If you don't want to or even just can't donate. Still show up and say hello and enjoy the stream. I'm hoping to make it entertaining and I hope whoever is on the main screen does so as well.

My Extra Life page for donation is https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...ipantID=325884

I will be attempting to live tweet the goings on at https://twitter.com/Burnzie79

Thanks for reading and/or even supporting the cause.

Burnzie

Old Nov. 2nd, '18, 6:49 pm   #2
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,775
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Nice. A buddy of mine at work is doing the same thing!

#proudnewfie
Old Nov. 2nd, '18, 8:50 pm   #3
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,247
Long Island, NY

Awesome stuff Burnzie.

Old Nov. 3rd, '18, 3:13 pm   #4
x AbiLiTy x
The Legendary SlapNootSki

Feb 2017 104
Indiana

This is awesome! I will have to check it out.
Old Nov. 3rd, '18, 3:49 pm   #5
Moarty
Sep 2018 43

This is great, Ill throw in $20. Good luck!

Old Nov. 3rd, '18, 5:15 pm   #6
The_Clusk
Banned
Sep 2018 43
North Carolina

so awesome! best of luck Burnzie! If every team member tossed in $5 we could help Burnzie smash his goal!
Old Nov. 3rd, '18, 10:30 pm   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,282
Toronto

That's awesome and such a great cause. Hope you reach or surpass your goal. Good luck!

Old Nov. 4th, '18, 12:08 pm   #8
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,626
Canada

I really respect things like this man....circumstances need to be of such so you can do it....when people invest in their communities it is a beautiful thing to see....good on ya Bro....

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Nov. 4th, '18, 5:43 pm   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,282
Toronto

I never got a chance to watch but can donations still be made or is it too late?

Old Nov. 5th, '18, 12:16 pm   #10
Burnzie79

Sep 2008 71
Ottawa, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I never got a chance to watch but can donations still be made or is it too late?
The donate option is still on the page, so I think it still works. Unfortunately I didn't reach my personal goal. But we absolutely DEMOLISHED our original goal of $7,500. As a group we raised an estimate $11,700. We sold art pieces on a different site so those are still being added. So thank youto who showed up and to those that donated.

I'll be posting tue video of me getting shotwith paintballs on my twitter, whenever I can get a hold of it. I received 13 shots and 11 hit me.

Next year I'm going to have better incentives to donate to me. I'll be more prepared next time. I'm cool with embarrassing myself if it means to help sick kids.