Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Feb. 7th, '14, 2:03 pm   #1
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99
Default Dark Souls II

Psyched? Aw yeah! I'm ready to swear 6000 times and hate this game as much as the first. It seemed like it was going to be forever for this game to come out and now it's about a month away. March 11th in North America.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Feb. 7th, '14 at 2:10 pm.
Old Feb. 26th, '14, 6:15 pm   #2
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

New trailer for Dark Souls 2. So pumped!

Old Feb. 26th, '14, 9:47 pm   #3
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

ha ha, i still have Dark souls I to play!!

Old Mar. 7th, '14, 4:27 pm   #4
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

lol the voice of the hero in Dark Souls 2, Peter Serafinowicz . If you can call it a voice. Pretty funny commentary in parts. One of the funnier parts is at 2:00

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Mar. 7th, '14 at 4:33 pm.
Old Mar. 10th, '14, 12:37 pm   #5
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Last trailer before the release tomorrow. You can stop the video at 10s and that's basically the game right there.

Old Mar. 12th, '14, 2:20 pm   #6
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

F&#$ this game. It taunts you with how many times you die. 70 times in 4hrs. F&$% you.
Old Mar. 12th, '14, 2:24 pm   #7
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...d-help/#!zr5D9

Some tips for beginning the game.
Old Mar. 17th, '14, 3:22 pm   #8
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Come to find out I went a way I shouldn't have to start the game so I was actually trying to kill guys I wasn't supposed to meet yet. Whatever. It made going to the easier levels that much easier and now the game it pretty manageable. I still die a bunch and the worldwide death total is over 10 million at this point. I have to be just over 100 myself.

Here's a fun video showing you how to dive into the world of Dark Souls as a Ninja Turtle.

Old Mar. 19th, '14, 2:56 pm   #9
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Got my first taste of PvP and coop last night. Hilarious! I try to be a helpful coop guy so I'm set up in the Gargoyle Bell Tower getting a ton of summons for me to help people. And while you're running around, helping the guy kill some mobs, enemy players in the Bell Tower Covenant invade and try to kill you before you can ring the bell at the top of the tower and kill the gargoyles. Little do they know, their victim has summoned some help and we quickly tear them up (one or two, one right after another invade). PvP seems to be a whole other part to the game. I needed to level up and equip my guy in a slightly different way after fighting a few of these players. Makes for a great distraction after grinding through mobs for hours and hours.

It got me looking into the covenants available and I'm trying to pick out what rewards I want to go for. I'm trying to be a coop machine so I'm going to be a Blue Sentinel. That should be fun. I'll have to let you know how it goes.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...king-the-best/

Edit: Right now, Blue Sentinels suck. I can't get summoned by people who have been invaded. Maybe not enough people are in the Brotherhood, who knows?

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Apr. 3rd, '14 at 12:58 pm.
Old Apr. 3rd, '14, 1:07 pm   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Pretty much right at the end of the game and I have to say, this version of Dark Souls is way easier than the first. I played Dark Souls I offline though so that intrinsically makes it harder. When you have help, the bosses in DSII are really easy. To level up fast, just make it to the end of the level, put down a white soapstone mark and beat the boss over and over again. Also, if you're getting short on spells to cast, you can use the soapstone to replenish everything (if you can beat the boss in that level) without going to a bonfire and resetting the enemies in your world. So if I make it to the fog wall of a boss, I use the soapstone to go help someone else beat it (which allows you to check out the boss without fear of dying and losing souls). Overall, the game's really fun but I wish it wasn't so easy when you get help from other people. I'm going to have to start using bonfire ascetics and join the Victors' covenant to make things more difficult after I beat the last boss.

Oh btw this is a spoiler but I don't want anyone to get suckered in to what I did. Late in the game you come across a guy that tells you not to come any closer if you have a light. Don't. And don't listen to the markings on the floor telling you to use a torch. I killed the dude who apparently was an NPC who sold you some decent stuff. Stuff you can live without but it would have been nice to hear his story. Oops. Even after I paid for my sins (149000 souls), it didn't bring him back. So if you do kill an NPC, don't pay for your sins unless he's still alive, it's a waste of souls.