Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Jan. 22nd, '15, 12:44 pm   #21
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

I wonder what that means for current ESO players. I've been playing since day one off and on, and I have a craftsman who is quite advanced in terms of what he can make. The one thing I miss though is the social aspect of the game. While there are guilds in the game, I can't say I've found a community/guild to work with and be a part of. The game is just not structured that way, or I've not become used to it. There is no central Auction House where you can sell your wares or obtain materials for crafting, but each guild comes with a guild store where players can sell to each other. You can be a member of up to 5 guilds, and all 5 of my guilds are trading-based guilds. I sell the raw materials I don't need, and pick up the occasional item to deconstruct and learn how to make it myself. I have all the motifs (racial styles) for making armor (cloth, leather, heavy) and weapons (as well as shields), both the regulars for the starting races, as well as the rare and ultra rare ones, like Ancient Elf, Primal, Barbaric, and Daedric.

I like to craft and I like to explore. I love the open world, and I love finding hidden quests, chests, and side stories. I can literally get lost in this world. The game is gorgeous, and I absolutely love it, however, the thought of playing on the XB1 with a bunch of XBS friends is very, very tantalizing. It'd be tough to walk away from my current ESO, but I wouldn't hesitate to add the XB1 version to my collection in order to play with more friends.

I'd bought the collectors edition, so I have leather-bound lore book, as well as a statue of Molag Baal grasping a warrior in heavy armor. I still haven't used my scrolls of Mara either. What a great game!

Thanks for the link Juji.

Old Jan. 22nd, '15, 6:12 pm   #22
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Pete you can buy from any guild store in the game, not just guilds you are a member of. Each city has a "Guild Trader" area and you can buy from anybody. There is one particular guild in Davons Watch that I buy from all the time even though I'm not a member.

As for the free to play stuff, I am not on board with this. I don't like the idea of knowing an influx of freebies are about to hop up here and clog up servers (Cyrodiil). Hopefully people who keep their subscriptions will get some type of bonuses and the freebies get some sort of reduced EXP gain or something (similar to how SWTOR does it). I know the Guild I'm currently in is moving to a subscription only model. We will see how it goes I guess.

I am very much looking forward to the new patch though, I'm excited they are ditching the Vet system and implementing the Champions stuff. Everything I have seen on it so far seems amazing. This is a really great game and I am very anxious to see how far they can take it.
Old Jan. 22nd, '15, 6:46 pm   #23
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

I'm only concerned (slightly interested) in the console version so those problems won't affect me. I doubt the game will hold my interest...nothing does anymore I'm starting to think I should just play demos since I play a game once, and then I'm basically done with it Been that way for a while. I put more time into simple apps than anything else.
Old Jan. 26th, '15, 11:34 am   #24
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

Update 6 rolls out tomorrow.

Old Jan. 26th, '15, 7:40 pm   #25
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
Update 6 rolls out tomorrow.
I just got home from Iceland. Time to boot this up!
Old Jan. 27th, '15, 10:11 am   #26
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

Welcome home!

Old Jan. 29th, '15, 7:25 am   #27
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
Welcome home!
Thanks! I have been doing a lot of work on my alt character trying to get his alchemy up. I need some of those good potions and I don't know anyone else who does alchemy.
Old Jan. 29th, '15, 4:24 pm   #28
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...pdate-6-on-pts

All North American server characters have been duplicated onto the test server for anyone wanting to try out the new justice system. There's a link to instructions on how to access the test server in the article. Going to give this a shot and play around with it before it goes live. My vampire assassin just became a whole lot more interesting to play.

Old Mar. 17th, '15, 3:38 pm   #29
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy

So as of last night this game is now Buy to Play. No more monthly subscriptions (unless you want to get little extras). Is anyone going to be picking this up now for PC? If so feel free to add me as a friend (@Latdogg). I play this game daily and am always looking to group up. I'm in the Ebonheart Pact.
Old Mar. 18th, '15, 12:42 pm   #30
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

Hey man, I don't get on much as of late, but I joined the guild and will look for you when I can get on.

This game is a blast to play.