Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 3:11 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,247
Long Island, NY
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 4 - A Vegas Sweep

Hey Boys, better late than never. I had to fill in for The_Clusk this week unexpectedly but wanted to get these posted as I know the league as a whole really looks forward to them. Hope you enjoy the read. Also, apologies for not spreading the love this week as I usually like to do.

VIBE Beats
Vegas Golden Knights
[ Forward | 4gp | 12g | 4a | 16pts ] - [ Week Record | 4-0-0 ]

The Kid continues to shine here in his rookie season at XBS. When the puck is on his stick he is always a threat to score and that was no different this week as he posted a staggering 16 points (12 of which were goals), in only 4 games. On top of that, when he was in the lineup for the Golden Knights it was an automatic win as they were 4 - 0 when he laced them up. Digging deeper into the stats, he also led all forwards with a +/- of +10. In one of his best performances of the week, a 6 - 4 win versus Detroit, VIBE netted a hatty including 2 short handed goals, and was named the First Star of the game. If this young gun continues at this pace, Vegas is going to be a very tough squad to take down.

Krimsonfire
Vegas Golden Knights
[ Forward | 2gp | 1g | 0a | 1pts ] --- [ Goalie | 4gp | 2.25gaa | .862% ] - [ Week Record | 4-2-0 ]

Okay, so you would think Krim is being put here because of his offensive prowess this week right? Well, that couldn't be further from the truth. Krim was downright stellar between the pipes for Vegas this week posting a GAA of 2.25 and Save % of .862. He also posted 1 shutout (1 of only 2 goalies to do that in Week 4), and most importantly was 4 - 0 when donning the pads. If not for the performance of teammate VIBE in his shutout win, Krim would have gotten the nod for first star but had to settle for second. Regardless of his statistics, Krim always will be known as one of the top point getters here at XBS and the fact that he is playing this well in the pipes certainly deserves a mention here.

KASTOR N POLLUX
Vegas Golden Knights
[ Defense | 3gp | 0g | 6a | 6pts ] - [ Week Record | 3-0-0 ]

KASTOR may not be the flashiest defensman out there but this week he put on his hard hat and got the job done. He was the league leader in +/- (with teammate nosice) with a +8 and his 95.3 D Rating was 3rd in the league. And if you wanted a win versus Vegas in week 4 you had to make sure KASTOR was no where near the starting lineup as he was undefeated in his 3 games played on the back end. And although not known for his scoring prowess, he chipped in an impressive 6 points from the blue line which was tied for second in the league. Unfortunately, with the performances of some his teammates this week, KASTOR wasn't able to nab a star of the game and that's why he is getting some love here.

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Nov. 13th, '18 at 3:18 pm.

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 3:14 pm   #2
LayNher
Recruiting Coordinator

Mar 2016 316
Florida

Congrats to all. Good work Dusty

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 3:23 pm   #3
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 562
Long Island,New York

Congrats guys you deserve it.Thanks Dusty for doing this...

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 3:46 pm   #4
The_Clusk
Banned
Sep 2018 43
North Carolina

Congrats guys! Thanks for filling in Dusty. Was just about to hammer this out now when I saw you jumped in. Great write up.
Old Nov. 13th, '18, 3:48 pm   #5
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,318

Good job Dusty!!

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 4:26 pm   #6
BIGD
Apr 2018 83
grand bend ontario

I have the pleasure of riding shot gun with these 3 guys! well deserved

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 4:32 pm   #7
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,688
Pittsburgh, PA

Nice one Mike, thanks for doing these. Good work

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 4:58 pm   #8
KASTOR N POLLUX
LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
Apr 2018 31

A lot of Vegas love. Thanks for the mention and thanks to all the media who have taken the time to do these writeups!

Old Nov. 13th, '18, 8:02 pm   #9
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Wooo! Congrats all!

Old Nov. 14th, '18, 9:57 am   #10
Thinblue1291

Sep 2018 48
Venice, FL

Good write up