Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Nintendo

Old Jul. 7th, '08, 6:40 pm   #11
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Yeah I agree with the party element. Anyone remember that flow chart to help you decide which system you should get. "Do you like games?" If yes then buy a PC. Good stuff.
I linked to that image at the other site...this one:

http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2859
Old Jul. 8th, '08, 2:55 am   #12
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
Pixel...i'll give you $20 for it, right now.
lol, you drive a hard bargain.

Mine gets played from time to time but only by my niece and nephew when they come over to visit. Even then it is getting less and less use.

I have had some fun times with it in a party atmosphere but generally speaking, $300 would have provided a lot of fun in beer or rum as well.
Old Jul. 8th, '08, 11:49 am   #13
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Or a good time at a local adult entertainment venue. $300 can buy you a lot of temporary love.

Old Jul. 15th, '08, 8:50 am   #14
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

I bought one for the Wife so she would leave me alone about the 360 and I have to say it's horrible, can the games really get any worse?
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Jul. 15th, '08, 10:13 am   #15
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

I've only played the Wii about 4-5 times. Overall it's fun with 4 people. I just really don't see it as anything other then a party game/system, kinda like Rock Band.
Old Jul. 17th, '08, 12:00 pm   #16
m4rt1n0
Banned
Jul 2008 267
Send a message via MSN to m4rt1n0

I consider the Wii a system for kiddies , but that wii fit thing looks pretty cool other than that , recycle bin !
Old Jul. 21st, '08, 9:20 pm   #17
Sh0rthanded
Go Habs Go!

Jul 2008 40
Kitchener, ON

I've been thinking of getting one, but I know it wouldn't get nearly as much usage as my Xbox. I think the newest Star Wars game is being released for the Wii, so who knows.
Old Aug. 1st, '08, 1:45 am   #18
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

my Daughter wants one and she is 6 , I think we might find one under the Christmas tree this year. The biggest plus for me is that it plays Gamecube games so we don't have to invest a whole whack of cash building another systems library, and with it being Nintendo you know it is "kid tough"

Old Aug. 17th, '08, 5:09 pm   #19
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

To me the Wii was always just a complimentary system. Either the 360 and the Wii or the PS3 and the Wii...or you don't get the Wii at all. But it's less attractive because we are hardcore gamers and not to mention sports gamers. The Wii is not meant for sports games. A lot of the games are directed towards kids, with the exception of a few on occasion such as No More Heroes (which is by far the best game on the system) and Metroid (good shooter, tight controls). The one in my house is my cousin's, but I pop in No More Heroes from time to time for a great laugh. If you guys haven't tried it, and can put the kids to bed in time...No More Heroes will get you a some play time on the system.
Old Aug. 17th, '08, 6:06 pm   #20
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

To me it just seems like a nifty add-on. I'm sure the next generation of systems from MS and Sony will incorporate similar controls for some games. I don't see how anyone could get by with just a Wii unless it was a kid. With all the systems they are selling, isn't MS still selling more software per console?