Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Nintendo

Old Jul. 31st, '09, 10:03 am   #1
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey
Default Wii Sports Resort

I picked this up last night from Costco. I was gonna wait because I didn't want to hook up the Wii until I got the basement finished, but since it was cheaper than stores I went ahead and was forced to hook it up to try it out.

I gave each of the games a try. Some are more fun than others. But it is amazing the level of accuracy the motion controller has now. Something that the Wii should have had right out of the box.

They reincluded bowling on the disk, and I can feel the spin is more realistic now. And so is golfing. I'd say frisbee golf is probably one of my favorites on the disk so far. Didn't really get to spend too much time with it. Hopefully will this weekend.

Old Jul. 31st, '09, 1:22 pm   #2
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Those are the games that are a blast with the Wii. Everyone can play and even compete, but you can still work to get better. Unfortunately my brother-in-law and sister are selling their house so I won't get to try that one out for a while
Old Aug. 1st, '09, 11:45 pm   #3
Decade
For your health!

Aug 2008 1,194
Winnipeg, MB
Send a message via MSN to Decade Send a message via Skype™ to Decade

What do you mean it's cheaper than stores? Is it cheaper at Costco or do you mean that they throw the motion plus in there with the game?
Old Aug. 1st, '09, 11:51 pm   #4
KT
Jul 2008 5,222
Vancouver, B.C

I played the little sword game on Sports Resort at a EBgames and i admit it was pretty fun, first time i tried a Wii.

Old Aug. 2nd, '09, 12:12 am   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Costco and Sam's Club sell video games cheaper than other retail stores Not a huge difference by any means, but it covers the tax and then some for the most part.

That $49.99 game is $43.79 at Costco and $43.64 at Sam's Club.
Old Aug. 2nd, '09, 3:34 pm   #6
Decade
For your health!

Aug 2008 1,194
Winnipeg, MB
Send a message via MSN to Decade Send a message via Skype™ to Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Costco and Sam's Club sell video games cheaper than other retail stores Not a huge difference by any means, but it covers the tax and then some for the most part.

That $49.99 game is $43.79 at Costco and $43.64 at Sam's Club.
Wow, thanks! I never even knew that. Is this a US only deal?
Old Aug. 2nd, '09, 6:07 pm   #7
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
Wow, thanks! I never even knew that. Is this a US only deal?
I have no idea. I just know those stores have always been cheaper. I mean, that's an everyday type of thing. I think the 60 dollar games are usually around 54 or so.
Old Aug. 2nd, '09, 8:16 pm   #8
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Yeah, Jim explained it as best as I could. You'll just have to go to your Canadian Costco to find out.

The only way to get Wii Sports Resort is with the motion control packed in.

Old Aug. 6th, '09, 4:04 pm   #9
BxGngsta
5x Madden Franchise Champ

Jul 2008 870
New York City
Send a message via MSN to BxGngsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
I picked this up last night from Costco. I was gonna wait because I didn't want to hook up the Wii until I got the basement finished, but since it was cheaper than stores I went ahead and was forced to hook it up to try it out.

I gave each of the games a try. Some are more fun than others. But it is amazing the level of accuracy the motion controller has now. Something that the Wii should have had right out of the box.

They reincluded bowling on the disk, and I can feel the spin is more realistic now. And so is golfing. I'd say frisbee golf is probably one of my favorites on the disk so far. Didn't really get to spend too much time with it. Hopefully will this weekend.
I've been thinking about getting this and you might have convnced me, plus the commercials helped recently. Does it come with one motion plus? If so do they sell others?
4x Madden '12 Online Franchise Champ
Old Aug. 6th, '09, 4:22 pm   #10
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Costco is in Canada but you have to have a membership to buy anything from there. its just a wholesale store instead of retailers, making it cheaper. my grandparents have a membership for it here in Toronto.
]