Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Jan. 23rd, '10, 7:24 pm   #11
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones56 View Post
nothing should ever cost anything, this is what will eventually turn me off to this whole home thing.
Playstation Home is still geared towards micro-transactions but I spent a lot of time in there last night/this morning and I have to say, they are adding a TON of stuff in there.

I resisted the urge to buy the Black Knight (from Monty Python) costume. Your avatar would actually have no arms. So tempting and I doubt I'll resist it much longer. Instead I bought a skeleton costume. I saw tons of different costumes with some users having huge wings. Looked really cool.

All of that costs money and even the side attractions cost. But I still visited some areas and played a bunch of mini-games.

EA has some nice areas on there I must say. One place has poker rooms which I didn't visit and also a racing game (for free). It was like driving a radio controlled car but fairly simple. The more you play, the more credits you earn. Credits can get you turbos and other stuff.

EA also had another room with a Golf game. It wasn't ready yet, but you could "practice" so I swung some clubs for a short bit. Could be fun.

There was this place called Sodium or sodiumone (www.sodiumone.com) that had a bunch of apparel and a whole area to itself. Of course to do things you need to buy some of their apparel. For instance, you can walk around and try to stomp scorpions. The yellow ones were easy but the red scorpions require heavy boots which happen to be in the store. There was a shooting game that you needed to buy a pilot's uniform to play the full game but you could still practice.

All in all, I still think it's clunky but they are adding things that at least make it worth while spending time in there. I still wish it was easier to be with friends in there. I started to go to bed at 1am this morning but decided to quickly try the Cross Adapter Jeffrey recommended. I ended up going to bed about 4am and did nothing but Home.
Old Jul. 29th, '13, 4:16 pm   #12
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

I don't have to tell you guys but I'm such a dork. I turned on the PS3 to see how many funds I had in my wallet (received an Email the other day) and also update the system in case I decide to get Last of Us.

After updating everything, I end up in Home

I'm in some Acorn Meadows Park. So far I've:

*Ridden the park train (riding it now in fact because to get rewards you need to be the driver and ride a while and also just ride a while

*ridden a bike (lost the race and need to ride it more to improve my overall rank)

*Paddled a swan boat (yep)

*Flew a remote controlled plane

I've unlocked a lot of things though.

Yep, I'm a dork. I downloaded about 6 other places in the meantime and have yet to check those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
I resisted the urge to buy the Black Knight (from Monty Python) costume. Your avatar would actually have no arms. So tempting and I doubt I'll resist it much longer.
Hmmm....funny post considering I logged in and I'm the Black Knight

Walking around is cracking me up actually. Seeing the MANY different costumes/accessories is funny. A guy just flew by me (literally). Another was standing on a bridge flapping his wings. A mech suit type guy that was huge. A person riding a tiger
Old Jul. 29th, '13, 4:20 pm   #13
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,220
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
I don't have to tell you guys but I'm such a dork. I turned on the PS3 to see how many funds I had in my wallet (received an Email the other day) and also update the system in case I decide to get Last of Us.

After updating everything, I end up in Home

I'm in some Acorn Meadows Park. So far I've:

*Ridden the park train (riding it now in fact because to get rewards you need to be the driver and ride a while and also just ride a while

*ridden a bike (lost the race and need to ride it more to improve my overall rank)

*Paddled a swan boat (yep)

*Flew a remote controlled plane

I've unlocked a lot of things though.

Yep, I'm a dork. I downloaded about 6 other places in the meantime and have yet to check those out.

Hmmm....funny post considering I logged in and I'm the Black Knight

Walking around is cracking me up actually. Seeing the MANY different costumes/accessories is funny. A guy just flew by me (literally). Another was standing on a bridge flapping his wings. A mech suit type guy that was huge. A person riding a tiger
I laughed pretty hard after reading that..LOL

Stop wasting time and DL The Last of us already....its going to happen...stop fighting it