Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Jan. 12th, '09, 2:37 pm   #1
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56
Default Playstation 3 Home

Last night after i watched Hitman I decided to go visit my home and then go into the community. After looking around my place realizing that i have done nothing with it since i downloaded it. I decided to go into the Plaza. As i was downloading and installing it I wondered to myself, that it would be cool if there were other people walking around. When i was finally able to leaving my pad i discovered a few hundred people walking the plaza and was pleasently suprised, i thought it was pretty cool (forgive me if i am the only person who didn't know this already ). Needless to say i had a lot of funny just messing around, I just need to figure out how to link my bluetooth headset to it and i am sure it would have been more fun being able to listen or to talk to other people.
I tried to go bowling but all of the lanes were full, I also tried to pick up a few chicks but that didnt go well either.. lol They had a dance section (and yes there were people actually dancing) I did a few moves by myself then moved on. One thing i found odd (or interesting) is that people leave their PS3 on while they are sitting or in some cases standing in the plaza and above their head it says away/busy. There was a few other sections of the world that i did not download and i probably will tonigh. It looks like this world will continue to grow so in terms of the future seems very bright for a playstation fan. Anyway i thought i would share my experiences with everyone and I was suprised that I didn't see a thread sooner about this.

(one note there is no comparison to live's indepth friends list and games history etc)

Enjoy your new home!!

Last edited by bones56; Jan. 12th, '09 at 3:21 pm.

Old Jan. 12th, '09, 3:00 pm   #2
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Sorry bones, that stuff has been there since the beta even I've heard of people never leaving their house, but never someone never leaving their virtual house Although the appearance has changed, it's been there. Supposedly the overseas Home is much, much larger and better so it could make it's way here.

But yeah bones, there's a movie theater, a mall, etc. It's funny that you didn't know about the main plaza only because I hated that area. Here you were wanting it to be more social and I was wanting it to be LESS social. I still think they should allow you to have a friends only Home rather than randoms. Or at the very least, friends of friends.

Anyway, I need to get some of you guys invites to my club I'll do that maybe tonight.
Old Jan. 12th, '09, 3:17 pm   #3
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY

This goes to show how little i use it besides using it as a Bluray player. Anyway this will help those people that do not own a PS3. lol

Old Jan. 12th, '09, 4:41 pm   #4
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

I had heard about other places on there but because I rarely use it as well, I never looked before. I just did.

There's a Red Bull Air Race area that looks like it might be something down the road, but it's nothing yet. It's got bamboo paths on a beach as well as some closed in areas that look over the ocean. There's a helicopter closed in as well that I imagine will have "copter rides" for a fee. Or you can use it to do races. I might be dreaming big there though.

There are a couple of other areas for "Uncharted" and "Far Cry" that are interesting but more of the same. Basically they are just social areas that are set in the theme of those games.
Old Jan. 12th, '09, 5:05 pm   #5
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
for a fee.
nothing should ever cost anything, this is what will eventually turn me off to this whole home thing.

Old Jan. 12th, '09, 6:36 pm   #6
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY

also does anyone know how to set up your bluetooth?? I have been checking the settings and don't see it. thanks

Last edited by bones56; Jan. 12th, '09 at 6:42 pm. Reason: ok found it but its asking for a pass key, i have no idea what they are asking for..... Help!!

Old Jan. 12th, '09, 11:27 pm   #7
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Don't feel bad bones, I just now actually downloaded home. Played around with it a bit yesterday. Checked out just about everything they had, Red Bull thing, Movie Theater, Bowling alley. Overall it was alright but not something I think I'll ever mess with. The main reason being the fact that they want real money for houses or clothing or stuff. I have no interest in that and wanting real cash is a huge turnoff. Sure it'd be cool to mess around with some people on your friends list but doubt I'll actually use it much.
Old Jan. 12th, '09, 11:43 pm   #8
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones56 View Post
also does anyone know how to set up your bluetooth?? I have been checking the settings and don't see it. thanks
I saw your edit bones and I don't recall having to enter a code or anything. I do remember having to sync it or something. It's such a pain in the ass to me. I know the younger guys probably don't have a problem, but give me a headset and wires...I'll be happy.
Old Jan. 13th, '09, 6:39 pm   #9
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

You have to link it on the XMB (Cross Media Bar right? Such a pointless name, just call it a menu). Honestly Nial, I was a little stuck too, I just Googled "how to set sync (or maybe link or set up) a PS3 bluetooth headset. I found some help right away that got me off and running. I read awhile back they took down headset capabilities for Home because of all the kids screaming all the time. I thought it was back but i don't think you can just freely speak and have everyone hear you now, but I could be wrong.

Nial:
Check out this link, should help you get your headset linked with the PS3.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=898874

Last edited by Jcon77; Jan. 16th, '09 at 9:10 am.

Old Jan. 16th, '09, 2:08 am   #10
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

check out the 2:04 mark of this video:

from CES