Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > Gadgets and Other

Old Nov. 15th, '14, 8:50 am   #1
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,368
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67
Default New Phone Help

Well its that time of year to grab a new phone for some reason this decision has been extremely harder for me. I have been usuing the iphone since I bought my 4 and know am looking to trade in my 5. Of course I have been looking at the iphone6 as it just seems to be the easiest decision as it syncs with my computer and iPad but for some reason I have just not been 100% onboard with it. If i did go with another type phone I could always pick up an ipod for car music. So with that said I have been considering the following

Iphone 6
Samsung GLxy S5
Motorola Droid Turbo

Any suggestions would be great I know it will come down to my decision ultimately but just looking for some insight. Thanks in advance.

Old Nov. 15th, '14, 10:57 am   #2
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

I would look at the Samsung Note 4 as well. really nice device. I personally prefer the Samsung phones, great processor speeds, exceptionally good battery life, great cameras.
Old Nov. 15th, '14, 11:04 am   #3
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,368
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

thought about it a little big for me and my job driving truck i probably wouldn't change at all if not for the bad battery life

Old Nov. 15th, '14, 2:17 pm   #4
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,160
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I've liked my Galaxy S3 enough I suppose, except for the terrible battery life. I often can't make it through an 8 hour shift now without my battery dying from a full charge, and I don't use it much while I'm at work.

I'm giving serious debate to asking them to reconnect my old LG Rumor 2. It would bring the phone bill way down and I think a lot of us have lost something always being connected to goddamn smartphones. It was fun and it provides plenty of entertainment when bored but I dunno.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Nov. 15th, '14, 7:35 pm   #5
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
I've liked my Galaxy S3 enough I suppose, except for the terrible battery life. I often can't make it through an 8 hour shift now without my battery dying from a full charge, and I don't use it much while I'm at work.

I'm giving serious debate to asking them to reconnect my old LG Rumor 2. It would bring the phone bill way down and I think a lot of us have lost something always being connected to goddamn smartphones. It was fun and it provides plenty of entertainment when bored but I dunno.
Really? I have 2 phones (one for Italy and one for England) and both have amazing battery life. My Italian phone is the S2 and the England phone is the S3. The S2 I can get 18-20 hours on and the S3 I get about 10-15.
Old Nov. 16th, '14, 1:21 am   #6
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,160
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Before anyone asks, that is with the WiFi off, the brightness way down, the auto-sleep at 15 seconds and the applications closed. I think at it's best this phone got me 36 hours under those circumstances 2 years ago.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Nov. 16th, '14, 8:39 am   #7
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

The newer phones have MUCH better battery life. The Samsung's also now come with an ultra battery saver mode which when turned on can give you 24hrs of run time on 10% battery. My guess is the super amoled screens taking up much less power attribute to this.
Old Nov. 16th, '14, 12:15 pm   #8
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

I had a Galaxy S3 for 2 years, absolutely loved it and upgraded to the S5 the day it came out, April 11. FANTASTIC device. I can not say enough good things about it. Amazing battery life, used it underwater at the pool this summer.

That said, I added a line of service to my account a few weeks ago for my son and gave him my S5 so that I could snag a Note 4. At first I thought it might be too big, but have gotten used to it and it's quite a step up from my S5 that I had loved for 6 months. 3GB vs 2GB of RAM, 32GB storage instead of 16GB, 4K screen instead of 1080p, and the biggest feature of all IMO, is optical image stabilization on the rear camera. The photos and videos this thing can take rival my DSLR sometimes, plus I always have it with me (unlike my nice Canon dSLR). I can still use it one-handed for texting (swiping) and the added screen real estate is nice for surfing the web and multi-tasking between apps. I haven't messed with the S-Pen too much, but I know Note 2 and 3 users love it, so maybe I need to watch some tutorials on what to do with it. lol
Old Nov. 16th, '14, 1:40 pm   #9
KT
Jul 2008 5,200
Vancouver, B.C

I used to have an S3, the battery life sucked. I recently bought an S4 and the battery life is an amazing thing. I'd go with the S5 but it totally depends what kind of phone you're looking for.

Old Nov. 16th, '14, 2:18 pm   #10
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,368
West Chester, PA

Jon I hear what you are saying and while I was looking at the new iPhone 6 plus just thought with my job in and out of a truck all day long it may be to big to put in a belt clip and drive with. I could be absolutely wrong in my thoughts and may have to take a better look at the note 4 option

KT I am just looking for another option while I have loved my iPhone since I 1st got it I am getting tired of having to charge it sometimes 2 times a day and that is not with extremely heavy use. I shut down apps when done. Walter has an S5 and really likes it some options on the iPhone I would miss like FaceTime but rarely use it while away from home plus I have my iPad if needed. Another added thing is price would save $100 Guess I am looking for a change and just some different opinions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk