Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Apr. 18th, '14, 11:09 am   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Default 7 million units sold to date.

Wow.

That is insane when you think about it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...lion-globally/

I figured with Titanfall release the Xbone would be catching up, but that's not the case:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2515...h-2014-update/

PS4 is actually pulling away.

Old Apr. 18th, '14, 11:47 am   #2
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,690
Pittsburgh, PA

It's a great machine that's for sure

Old Apr. 18th, '14, 11:55 am   #3
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Sounds to me like they're both still buggy enough to annoy me.

That's not a massive deficit for Microsoft by any means. It took them over 2 years to move 10 million 360s, and I don't think anyone is calling that system a failure. 5 million Xbones in 6 months is not bad. Yes, only Xbox has offered a "killer" original intellectual property in Titanfall, but it's kind of meanigless when a lot of people are looking for the big next-gen debuts of the big series like Halo, or God of War, or just plain waiting for the first price drop to commit.

Long and short of it for me is that this feels like an even longer "getting to know you" phase for new consoles than any generation before.... which has allowed me to continue waiting beyond when I said I'd get mine. I may very well wait until there is NHL on the consoles before upgrading now.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 18th, '14, 12:30 pm   #4
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I've seen the XB1 for $450 already in a couple of places so it's coming down. Still not buying it yet though.
Old Apr. 18th, '14, 1:05 pm   #5
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,110
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Not to be off topic too long..lol... But Soul and Muscley, I bought my xbox one... Love it but wished I would have waited... I have two games Battlefield and fifa and both are good... but I would have been satisfied in waiting till MY GAMES come out in the summer and fall.. You know.. Madden, NHL, Fifa etc etc..lol.. I would wait until then..

Either way not upset with the buy just wished I held on to the 500, probably be 400 by the fall..

As far as playstation... My Step Father got one..lol... WHY I have no clue but he got one.. He even preordered and everything.. The guy is not a gamer so I have no clue what that was about...lol

Old Apr. 19th, '14, 11:56 am   #6
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Should be titled "Sony is winning the battle, but will they win the war"

Either way it's a great read:

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2014/04...war-whats-next

MS showed with the xbox and followed up with the 360 they know what they are doing, the Xbone from day 1 left a sour taste in my mouth. I went back to Playstation and do not regret it, down the road I may pick up an Xbone but I don't see it happening for awhile.

Old Apr. 19th, '14, 12:31 pm   #7
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

My Kinnect fucking broke, I still haven't messed with all the step by step on xbox site to try and fix it. But I'm kinda ticked off if I have to send it out and be without it for 3-4 weeks. It just has no power, I tried replugging it but nothing.

Will try and trouble shoot it later as I just don't want to deal with it right now.
Old Apr. 19th, '14, 9:19 pm   #8
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

I have absolutely no need for this! I bought a PS3 just for a bluray player but now I have many bluray players. lol

Old Apr. 19th, '14, 11:31 pm   #9
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Another fantastic read

http://time.com/67954/5-reasons-the-...think-they-do/

Old Apr. 20th, '14, 2:13 pm   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec0688 View Post
My Kinnect fucking broke, I still haven't messed with all the step by step on xbox site to try and fix it. But I'm kinda ticked off if I have to send it out and be without it for 3-4 weeks. It just has no power, I tried replugging it but nothing.

Will try and trouble shoot it later as I just don't want to deal with it right now.
I had that too. Sent it and it took forever. I had to call because they had no clue what was going on and they had to escalate to higher managers. Given how Titanfall on 360 plays just like the One version I wish I had waited. Neither system has a killer game worth buying yet.