Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > Gadgets and Other

Old Oct. 16th, '13, 10:22 am   #1
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin
Default Tapatalk problems?

Anyone running IOS7 having tapatalk problems? all the other forums that I use it with work fine except for xbox-sports. It doesnt update so when I look at unread posts it keeps showing me post from weeks ago. I have deleted the account off the app and tried again. I read somewhere that the site has to be edited or something to the new standard or some code.

Not really sure what that all means
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 10:44 am   #2
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

Yes, and since this is one of the only forums I visit/use with TapaTalk I ended up deleting it. I was having the problem both on iOS and Android, and it was happening with another forum I'm active on as well, so I decided to delete TapaTalk for now. Ironically I'd been using the free beta for a long time and it worked great, but soon after I paid for the full version things started to go south for me. Oh well, it was only a couple of bucks for a years worth of decent utility, lets see if they figure it out and turn things around - maybe a key programmer left or somsing?

Old Oct. 17th, '13, 10:52 am   #3
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

I use it all the time on Android and I have yet to have an issue. The only thing I had to do was upgrade from a beta of Tapatalk 4 to the latest full version, which was a couple of dollars. I know I couldn't use it again until I did that.
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 11:04 am   #4
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

they made it free now...so now its free and crap
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 6:15 pm   #5
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I was having issues with iOS 6 so I don't think it's the OS causing it.

Tapatalk free is flat out useless now.

I hardly use it.

I get excited when I see an update for it and hope it fixes it, 2 revisions later still sucks ass.

Old Oct. 17th, '13, 6:55 pm   #6
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

oh would you look at that....

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/tapa...585178888?mt=8

buy Tapatalk Pro and it magically works again.

I can't even remember how much I paid for the app the first time, but I figured at least try the "PRO" version and see if that works... it does.

I'm not sure if I feel ripped off or taken advantage of... or just have a sucker hat on.

pay for Tapatalk PRO and in a year we will make it free for everyone and release a Tapatalk Super Pro and render the current version as useless as tits on a bull.

Old Oct. 17th, '13, 7:19 pm   #7
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
Anyone running IOS7 having tapatalk problems? all the other forums that I use it with work fine except for xbox-sports. It doesnt update so when I look at unread posts it keeps showing me post from weeks ago. I have deleted the account off the app and tried again. I read somewhere that the site has to be edited or something to the new standard or some code.

Not really sure what that all means
I don't really use it for any other forum but this one and I had given up on the app completely because it would constantly log me out and not give me the option to log in again. So I would have to delete the site everytime and re-add it. With all the other problems I just gave up on Tapatalk.

If they have fixed their issues by updating code then I will definitely look into upgrading the site code though. Should have some time this weekend hopefully.
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 7:23 pm   #8
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

Is this thing worth getting? I hate posting on forums on my phone in general as its slow, and a pain to write anything long.
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 7:41 pm   #9
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec0688 View Post
Is this thing worth getting? I hate posting on forums on my phone in general as its slow, and a pain to write anything long.
I wouldn't pay for it until you know it works. It was great for a few months then their app kept getting worse and worse until it was unusable. Then they did like Rob said above where they make you pay for it then make it free and charge for another one. Pretty low.
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 10:24 pm   #10
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Since my post above all new topics or unread topics appear now, seem to be in sync with desktop....

Shitty way to do business IMO.

All forums I participate are in sync now with the paid version.