Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 6:35 pm   #1
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77
Default PS4 Live Announcement

Frankly this has been underwhelming. I had a PS1 and PS2 first and bought an Xbox as an afterthought well after the PS2 launch, mainly because of Halo. It is ironic that I am watching this announcement on an Xbox 360 while my PS3 is likely going on eBay very soon.

The Gaikai acquisition seems to be a big deal though, with the ability to try any game in the Cloud before buying it. Unfortunately it took them over 20 minutes to say anything favorable.

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 6:54 pm   #2
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,438
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

Spectator mode is something I've been clamoring for. I'm extremely hopeful that next-gen Xbox has something like this. For sports games, this is huge.
Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:02 pm   #3
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,418
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

The press conference was a joke. The people they had on stage sounded like morons. Not excited about anything and reading from cards the whole time. Lame press conference and that controller looks like crap too. Not really impressed hardware wise, but the spectator mode is cool and I like the real time playing of games to try them out.

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:03 pm   #4
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

They HAVE to have it. Imagine being able to tune in/tune out spectators rooting for you in NHL or Madden. It would be huge. Or thinking outside their box, having spectators authorized being able to come in and smack talk a team during breaks. You're up 2-1 in the 3rd and JK is trying to trash talk to Rob as he takes a shootout shot which if he missed would send Detroit out of the playoffs and the Jackets onto round 2, or to the Finals (It is my fantasy I realize). The possibilities are amazing. But I think so far this has made me hardened on being an Xbox gamer only come the next gen.

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:05 pm   #5
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwhiskey View Post
The press conference was a joke. The people they had on stage sounded like morons. Not excited about anything and reading from cards the whole time. Lame press conference and that controller looks like crap too. Not really impressed hardware wise, but the spectator mode is cool and I like the real time playing of games to try them out.
Sony spent money when they didn't have it on GaiKai's cloud tech. However I think M$ is ready with their own in-house stuff. Unfortunately the Japanese are not at the forefront anymore it seems. Unless M$ drops the ball even worse than this presentation so far I will stick with the next Xbox only. The next Halo will undoubtedly look better than their extended Killzone presentation.

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:06 pm   #6
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

Ya until now looks like nothing too mind blowing just a refined PS3 with some new extra features. I will probably be sticking with Xbox...
Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:06 pm   #7
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Wow this conspiracy theory guy is a bit out there.

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:07 pm   #8
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzerino View Post
Ya until now looks like nothing too mind blowing just a refined PS3 with some new extra features. I will probably be sticking with Xbox...
Exactly. They have not shown anything to make me switch.

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:10 pm   #9
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

All I care is about how they compete with Xbox Live. So far it does not look any better than Xbox live..
Old Feb. 20th, '13, 7:10 pm   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Okay and another InFamous game that looks no better than the first game. It was awesome back then but looks stale now, especially with nothing but CG trailers. This announcement sucks thus far. Adios Sony.