Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Feb. 20th, '10, 10:23 am   #11
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

I cannot wait for this game. Cannot wait. The demo pulled me in, and I haven't been this excited for a release date since Gears of War 2. The reviews are killing me!!

Last edited by darktrc; Feb. 20th, '10 at 10:25 am.
Old Feb. 20th, '10, 10:32 am   #12
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
The playable demo is now on PSN for anybody interested. Demo makes me even more excited for the 23rd. Game is looking really good.

For anyone with the XCM adapter like me, the game is unplayable with it. Even in the demo, you can see that action scenes will require the use of the six axis and most of the time you only have so long to do the action. For example, kicking open a door or something. So everyone even those of us with the XCM will have to suffer through the game with the Six Axis controller.

As for the demo, one thing I dislike is that you have to hold down R2 to walk, while the right thumbstick are your actions. My problem with that is that even if you aren't walking, there seems to be no way to move the camera around. You seem to be stuck to 2 cameras. But other then that, the demo was very fun to play.
The left stick allows you to move the camera dude. Furthermore, not sure what "suffering" it is to use the six axis controller. It's part of the game. Not sure how many people use the XCM adapter, but honestly too bad for them. Why does one have a PS3 if they cannot use a PS3 controller?
Old Feb. 20th, '10, 11:21 am   #13
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrc View Post
The left stick allows you to move the camera dude.
But it's still a fixed point camera. For example start the "Sleazy Place" part of the demo. As soon as you walk in the door, try and rotate the camera. It doesn't rotate, it just pans left to right. There is no way to rotate the camera back behind the player for example.

Quote:
Furthermore, not sure what "suffering" it is to use the six axis controller. It's part of the game. Not sure how many people use the XCM adapter, but honestly too bad for them.
Sorry didn't mean to offend your love of the PS3 controller. I'm pretty sure everyone here would agree that, compared to the 360 controller, the PS3 is horrible not to mention small and cramped. Did I say that the requirement was a game killer? No, just thankfully it actually seems to be used often, unlike games like Killzone where it's only used a couple times. But still a pain in the ass to switch between the two.

Quote:
Why does one have a PS3 if they cannot use a PS3 controller?
For Blu Ray and MLB The Show. Good thing you don't work for Sony with thinking like that, or they'd even be in worse trouble with the PS3.
Old Feb. 20th, '10, 12:25 pm   #14
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
The left stick allows you to move the camera dude. Furthermore, not sure what "suffering" it is to use the six axis controller. It's part of the game. Not sure how many people use the XCM adapter, but honestly too bad for them. Why does one have a PS3 if they cannot use a PS3 controller?
The PS3 controller sucks worse than you do at defense

We can use the PS3 controller, but it sucks and actually ends up hurting my hands. Not all of us are little bitches with girl's hands like you
Old Feb. 20th, '10, 12:36 pm   #15
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
The PS3 controller sucks worse than you do at defense
OMG... I think I got snot on my keyboard I snorted so hard.

That comment alone makes me want to buy a PS3 so I don't miss any action in this section.
Old Feb. 20th, '10, 4:32 pm   #16
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON

Quote:

For Blu Ray and MLB The Show. Good thing you don't work for Sony with thinking like that, or they'd even be in worse trouble with the PS3.
Sorry dude, maybe I'm a little slow, but I'm not following...?

Furthermore...I hate you Juji. But I love the game. I hate you though. I hope you know that.
Old Feb. 23rd, '10, 8:51 pm   #17
Jeffrey99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Nothing like having to wait a hour to download a f'n update on release day.

As for the game it's self, so far I'm liking it. The first chapter was extremely show and was starting to think it may not be as good as I thought but it finally turned around and got a bit more interesting. Only thing that sucks is that the 2 of the first 3 chapters are the two included in the demo.

As of now not sure if it's worth the $60, depending on how long it takes to beat but it's definitely something new and different.
Old Feb. 23rd, '10, 9:38 pm   #18
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

Quote:
Nothing like having to wait a hour to download a f'n update on release day.

As for the game it's self, so far I'm liking it. The first chapter was extremely show and was starting to think it may not be as good as I thought but it finally turned around and got a bit more interesting. Only thing that sucks is that the 2 of the first 3 chapters are the two included in the demo.

As of now not sure if it's worth the $60, depending on how long it takes to beat but it's definitely something new and different.

I hate the PS3 and its million updates. I got home around 1115 pm with this game. Haven't used my PS3 for gaming in 4 or 5 months and had to reestablish my wireless connection and was then prompted to update my system. Then finally got done with that and went to update the game but then I didn't have enough memory left on my system to finish the update. Went back to the dashboard to delete a bunch of old game files. Then went to update the game again..It was about 1 pm before I started digging into it.

I didn't download the demo because I knew I was getting this one for sure. As much as I was tempted to I didn't want to ruin any of it and just wanted a fresh experience. I'm pretty far into this and loving it. It tells a great story, great characters, amazing graphics and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds and then do it again but differently. Only downpart is the control at times but I can overlook that for the most part. It's not high on action besides the god of war moments so it doesn't affect gameplay to much.
Old Feb. 24th, '10, 9:22 pm   #19
Jeffrey99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN

Don't think I'm too far into it yet but for the most part, really liking the game. Could do without the shower or bathroom stuff. First game I've ever seen show nudity, especially female breasts. The action, away from the stupid stuff, like shaving or using the bathroom, is pretty fun.

One thing I did figure out that is if you just press R2, you'll walk whatever forward whatever way your player is facing. Still not sure if it's worth $60 and may try to sell it or trade it in once I finish it for a MLB game but always nice to see a company try something different.
Old Feb. 28th, '10, 4:59 am   #20
Jeffrey99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN

Well I ended up beating it this weekend. I've give the game a 9 out of 10. It's has it's problems but it's something new and unique. Not really sure it's worth the $60 but don't mind supporting companies that take a risk on making something different.

Thought the controls were very clunky. The right stick action scenes were fine but whenever you were trying to move around, it became a hassle. The walking controls were alright as long as you kept the left stick pointed in the direction you wanted to walk but that's not as comfortable on the PS3 controller, since the LS isn't beveled inward like the 360. If you barely tried to change direction, the player will move in about 30 degree increments. So it's impossible to make small adjustments. Also wasn't fond of the camera, especially in scenes where it'd spit into split screen and and camera would automatically rotate to different positions.

There is also seems to be alot screen tearing in 720p. Saw it in the demo but would think as hyped as this game was they'd fix it. Didn't really care for how they presented the choices or not giving you a time counter to know how much time you had. For example, you'd see what you wanted to do but it's jumping around and fading in and out as it rotates around the player that by the time it gets back around the game just skips it. Felt really rushed to just press the first thing I saw that sounded good rather then actually paying attention to all the options. Also a few of the actions didn't really seem to go with the words listed. Kinda like it's come off different then what you expected.

I thought the Ethan and Jayden parts were the two best. Madison ended up alright but never did care much for the Shelby parts. They seemed so boring. For example, there's one part where you have to change the diaper on a baby and feed then feed it. Just really didn't seem to go well with the rest of the action.

There was one part where the lip syncing was way off but for the most part was pretty impressed with the voice over and acting. The loading screens are kinda creepy. They are zoomed in on the faces of whatever character your getting ready to play, while they kinda look around.

Interested in seeing what the Taxidermist preorder DLC is and if that changes my mind on the game at all. Haven't decided if I want to do a full play through yet but if nothing else, will atleast do some chapters differently to see how that plays out.