XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Other Help

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 1:54 pm   #21
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,191
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
When did you do your last firmware update? I have to same router Mike and I did have a problem signing into xbox live a week ago.....then noticed there was an update for the firmware for the router, downloaded it and installed and I haven't seen my problem come back since.
Scott, I checked those out but didn't know which update to use.

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 2:35 pm   #22
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,193
Toronto

Open your Cisco Connect program and it should automatically bring up the fact you have updates to do. Click ok, and it should take care of the rest.

If you have more than one, you should do them all (in order - older to newer) until you are up to date. Some versions of firmware updates require to have older updates installed first before doing the new one. Never just do the new one alone if there are more than 1 to do.

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Aug. 29th, '12 at 2:44 pm.

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 3:20 pm   #23
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,277
Niagara Falls, Ontario

EVERY GAMER.. on a router should be using DMZ so it opens you up to the other side of your router.

u are blocking urself on the internet and sure it may work. but there will always be certain guys u try and play and cant play. we run into this tons with madden or 1v1 ..

team play not as much because its hosted server more then less..

step 1 is def plug into ur modem directly...

the reason no other devices are having issues is no other devices look for the ports and the internet stuff your xbox needs to game against people.
its a very complicated process. but once u are setup its very easy to do.

i always assign my xbox a static ip.. very easy to walk through mike and i can give you a call to get it setup .. but for now check to make sure it is a router issue..

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 3:23 pm   #24
gates

Jun 2010 208

Wireless or Hard wired? Don't really know how to diagnose wireless other than simple speed tests to determine if you're getting enough bandwidth. If you're hard wired try plugging in straight to your modem with everything unhooked except your xbox. If you still have the problem it's either firewall settings on your modem, the modem is burned out or it's on your ISP's end. If that fixes the problem it's likely being caused by your router or a computer you might have connected while playing.

Hope this helps, battled with the same issue you're talking about for 2 years. In my case it was the firewall settings on the modem.
Old Aug. 29th, '12, 3:26 pm   #25
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,277
Niagara Falls, Ontario

its always the firewall on the modem/router.. wirless or wired same issues..

wireless u get into bandwidth caping and other things but 99% of the type its your NAT and settings on letting you to the outside world

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 3:53 pm   #26
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,193
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredCustoms View Post
EVERY GAMER.. on a router should be using DMZ so it opens you up to the other side of your router.

u are blocking urself on the internet and sure it may work. but there will always be certain guys u try and play and cant play. we run into this tons with madden or 1v1 ..

team play not as much because its hosted server more then less..

step 1 is def plug into ur modem directly...

the reason no other devices are having issues is no other devices look for the ports and the internet stuff your xbox needs to game against people.
its a very complicated process. but once u are setup its very easy to do.

i always assign my xbox a static ip.. very easy to walk through mike and i can give you a call to get it setup .. but for now check to make sure it is a router issue..
Says the man who's been dropping in the playoffs

I'm not using DMZ and when do you ever see me drop? double

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 4:31 pm   #27
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

I am thinking the DMZ solution isn't possible for multiple IP's. I seem to recall my router only allowing one IP to be put into the DMZ. That is a problem when you have multiple consoles accessing the internet at one time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old Aug. 29th, '12, 4:37 pm   #28
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,191
Long Island, NY

Okay, well now I think I am kind of screwed. I connected directly to the modem, got one solid game in and dropped out of the second one. I fear that most of you are going to tell me it is a modem issue which I really don't feel like dealing with at the moment. Any more suggestions? I tried alot of the other stuff mentioned on here as well (setting up the DMZ (don't know whether I did it right), and updating my router. The only thing I didn't do was the static IP thing.

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 4:41 pm   #29
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,220
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
Okay, well now I think I am kind of screwed. I connected directly to the modem, got one solid game in and dropped out of the second one. I fear that most of you are going to tell me it is a modem issue which I really don't feel like dealing with at the moment. Any more suggestions? I tried alot of the other stuff mentioned on here as well (setting up the DMZ (don't know whether I did it right), and updating my router. The only thing I didn't do was the static IP thing.
Did you play a cub game? or just a drop in game?

Dusty do you have FIOS? if you do, all you need to do is goto Verizon dealer and bring in your modem they will give you a new one..or you can call them up and they will come and replace it for you. It sounds like its a modem issue. Roosevelt field mall has a Verizon Fios dealer on the first floor i believe...head over there and swap it out.
Old Aug. 29th, '12, 4:43 pm   #30
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
If you are connecting straight to the modem and still dropping then it isn't a static IP problem. You have ruled out the router, wireless connection, the wires. So it is either your modem (as you fear) or a problem with your ISP themselves.