XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Other Help

Old Jan. 29th, '12, 6:26 pm   #11
GrandmasterB
This is Flaming Dragon
Jul 2008 1,284
Colorado
Send a message via MSN to GrandmasterB

Joe...just saw your PM and this post. IE is stupid and sometimes completely ignores align=center. Try wrapping the content inside a <div> tag and setting the margin to 0 auto. You can use an inline style like this inside the div tag:

style="margin: 0 auto;"

That should fix your issue. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been out all weekend.
http://appurls.com
http://www.grandmasterb.com
------------------------
"Just contact the Mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky...it's in the shape of a giant cock". ~ Hit Girl
Old Jan. 29th, '12, 7:21 pm   #12
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterB View Post
Joe...just saw your PM and this post. IE is stupid and sometimes completely ignores align=center. Try wrapping the content inside a <div> tag and setting the margin to 0 auto. You can use an inline style like this inside the div tag:

style="margin: 0 auto;"

That should fix your issue. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been out all weekend.
I have no idea what you just said btw but thanks for the help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old Jan. 30th, '12, 8:54 am   #13
GrandmasterB
This is Flaming Dragon
Jul 2008 1,284
Colorado
Send a message via MSN to GrandmasterB

It's a simple solution to your problem. A <div> tag is a block element which holds other elements. If you have a div tag wrapped around all of your other code inside the body tag, you can apply a width and a margin to that div element to place it where you want on the page.

If you need a more visual representation, search Google for CSS block model. There you will see more in depth explanation of what I was referring to.
http://appurls.com
http://www.grandmasterb.com
------------------------
"Just contact the Mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky...it's in the shape of a giant cock". ~ Hit Girl
Old Jan. 30th, '12, 1:40 pm   #14
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterB View Post
It's a simple solution to your problem. A <div> tag is a block element which holds other elements. If you have a div tag wrapped around all of your other code inside the body tag, you can apply a width and a margin to that div element to place it where you want on the page.

If you need a more visual representation, search Google for CSS block model. There you will see more in depth explanation of what I was referring to.
Thanks bud. I will do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old Feb. 2nd, '12, 3:12 pm   #15
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas

Issue corrected. Thanks for all the input. Anyway, the menu was placed inside a table. After removing the table, it aligned correctly. Now the problem is the bottom frame where all the content is displayed. In Chrome and FF, the edges of the table line up on both sides with the edges of menu and banners above when a scroll bar isn't required (in this case the home page and credits page). In IE, it is slightly offset regardless. On the other pages where a scroll bar is necessary, the content in Chrome and FF is offset to the left and the edges no longer align with the menu and banner due to the displacement caused by the scrollbar. To address this, I thought the use of an I frame would work. However, in IE the content in the bottom frame is STILL slightly offset to the left. Any ideas?