Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Jan. 3rd, '12, 10:23 pm   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Default Psp Go...

so.....

for Christmas I ended up with some gift cards from "The Source" and noticed in the flyer that they had the PSP Go system on sale for $99.99 ($100 off) I figured WTF do I have to lose really. lol

I loved my PSP 3000 (or whatever it was with GOW Bundle) and my Son got a few PSP games for Christmas and more or less took it over.

I just picked it up today and like the feel of it, the buttons feel better than the other PSP and just seems "sleeker" I like that I can add memory to it (comes with 16GB SSD) and it's pretty damn fast for scrolling etc.

I am wondering if any PSN experts here can tell me if it is at all possible to re download a game that I have already purchased from the PS Store? I had a code for the Ghost of Sparta PSP game that I already claimed and installed to my old PSP, can I just go to the store and install it on my new PSP Go?

I probably could have made better use of the gift cards but really I only ended up paying $40.00 for it lol!

Old Jan. 3rd, '12, 11:09 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,293
Toronto

That's not the Vita is it?

Old Jan. 3rd, '12, 11:26 pm   #3
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,763
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
That's not the Vita is it?
Nope, the PSP Go is the newest version of the PSP. The Playstation Vita isn't released in the US yet. A guy in the office next to mine owns a Vita though and he always has it at work. It is REALLY nice. The touchscreen is great and the game he was playing (Unchartered I beleive) looked amazing. It honestly looked on par with a PS3. The thing has a quad-core processor too
Old Jan. 4th, '12, 12:05 am   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,293
Toronto

I read an article on it today (that's why I asked)..Here's a blog on it from BB. We're supposed to have them in Canada Feb 15th. I might get one (for my son, I'll tell my wife..lol)

$250 CDN or $300 for the bundle....a little pricey though.

BLOG FROM BB - The PS Vita, it should be said, is a big sexy gaming machine that fits in your hands, if not your pocket. It’s a beast too, for a handheld, and boasts some very impressive stats that I’m not techy enough to gush about with any real conviction. All the numbers and acronyms listed in its many technical virtues amount to one thing, it’s got a big screen that’s flashy and delicious and enough under the hood to make sure some very pretty pictures are displayed there. If I’m being glib, I apologize; the PS Vita really is a beautiful handheld with a lovely display, a nice interface, a potentially cool list of games and (finally) two thumbsticks. It might as well be a proper console - wait, it is, sort of.

Handheld gaming isn’t a new concept, I remember how cool the old gameboy was with its basic graphics and black and white (more like black and green really) display. Things got more and more sophisticated, with the corpses of the unworthy littering the path like so many mountaineers on Everest. Mostly it was the realm of Nintendo, who could do no wrong, their look and feel lending itself to a platform that is underpowered by necessity; then came the PSP. The PSP was big and clunky, but it promised better looking gaming more akin to the console experience, and it delivered, sort of. There was no doubting the graphical power and there were some cool games, and when I got it I was in love with it. Can you sense the ‘but’ coming? As time went on, there just wasnt enough games to justify the cost, and while I loved Monster Hunter the PSP didnt/doesnt enjoy the status it does in Japan where people go to cafes dedicated to wifi gaming, and killing monsters by myself was nigh impossible.

For me, the PSP/Vita and the concept of a more sophisticated handheld experience raises something of a dilemma. I like handheld gaming, I like casual gaming, and for me the two are synonymous. Casual games are cheap and light and the sort of thing you can enjoy on a bus ride or a toilet seat in equal measure. The sort of hardware that supports these games is both cheap and light in relation, affordable and easy to fit unobtrusively in a pocket or bag. When I want something incredibly immersive or deep, or visually stunning, I don’t want to see them on a four inch screen - I have one that’s forty at my house attached to a console which has the juice to make sure all of those inches are beautifully rendered. The Vita, an undeniably advanced portable gaming system, costs $250-$300 to start, then there’s the proprietary memory card, and lets not forget the internets, you have to pay someone for that too. So let’s just say its four hundred bucks and you don’t have any games yet. This brings me back to my point about the Vita almost being a console, and the dilemma of ‘advanced’ handheld gaming. In striving to create more expansive experiences in a portable format you create a handheld that’s neither as portable as a 3DS, nor as powerful as a console though its every bit as expensive as the latter. To me, portable is ‘convenience’ which is why I love the iphone, it’s in your pocket anyway, the games are cheap, and all I'm really looking for is something like puzzle quest.

I’ll be the first to admit that something like the Vita isn’t marketed towards me; at most I’m a casual portable gamer, which is the niche it fits best, as I see it. For those people, and I know some of them, who are serious about their portable gaming, or are early adapters, travel a lot, or live in Japan, the Vita is undeniably an step forward in what handhelds are capable of, and if you can justify the cost it won’t dissapoint.

Old Jan. 4th, '12, 9:59 am   #5
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I should have waited, that Vita sounds kick ass! Oh well.

I accessed the PS Store and am able to download all my games and add ons that were purchased or redeemed through PSN, still not sure how to copy UMDs to this thing (or if it's even possible)

Old Jan. 4th, '12, 11:53 pm   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,763
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
I should have waited, that Vita sounds kick ass! Oh well.

I accessed the PS Store and am able to download all my games and add ons that were purchased or redeemed through PSN, still not sure how to copy UMDs to this thing (or if it's even possible)
Yea, I am VERY interested in the Vita and honestly thinking about buying one soon so I have it for my 14 hour flight back to America. I will most likely wait though. If sports games are on par with PS3 this will be a no brainer purchase for me.
Old Jan. 6th, '12, 12:58 pm   #7
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category...c_sonyngp.aspx

that video said it all! I want one.

Pre order through Best Buy and get it a week early? tempting....

Quote:
Enjoy continuous, uninterrupted gameplay between your PS3™ and PlayStation®Vita systems with compatible titles
so if I read this correctly I can play say NHL 12 (if supported) on my PS3 and then when I head out the door I can transfer it to the Vita?!?!?

unreal.

Old Jan. 6th, '12, 1:01 pm   #8
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

I think you need to be connected to the same WI-FI network to do that.
Old Jan. 6th, '12, 2:41 pm   #9
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzerino View Post
I think you need to be connected to the same WI-FI network to do that.
From what I have read you start playing a game and can sync your Vita with PS3 and continue on, then once you get home sync up again and it's like you never left the PS3 to go wherever.

NHL 07 had that feature and it was cool, hook up PSP to PS 2 and sync files then play a couple games on the PSP and resync it and carry on.

If its only locked to local wifi network then that is just flat out stupid, who wants to play on a 5" OLED screen when the 40"+ screen is available?

I'm going to dig up more info on this, or better yet maybe Lat can shed some light on this...

Old Jan. 6th, '12, 2:58 pm   #10
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,293
Toronto

I just got a special offer from BB that if I pre-order it I'll get Uncharted for free......I kinda want this, but really, I don't need it (and I have nothing else Sony)....