Old Jan. 10th, '09, 11:15 pm   #11
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
Plinko is my all time favorite game, and the one with the yodeller (Cliff Hanger) is my wife's favorite game. Ironically when we each played for the first time, those were the games we got to play.

And when we went to Vegas last year, there was a live Price Is Right game show that we went to, and they played both of those games so we got to see them in person. I was sadistically rooting for the woman to lose cause I wanted to see the yodeller fall off the cliff, and sure enough he did! Good times.
I went to the live show in 2006 on our honeymoon. It was a good time for sure. I saw the cliff hanger take a dive too. I think everyone was rooting against the guy playing.

Old Jan. 11th, '09, 12:46 am   #12
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

There's also a DS version of this game...I think also for PS2 there is one.
Old Jan. 11th, '09, 4:29 pm   #13
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,438
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

The best deal for my money is the iphone app which is essentially the same game as any other version but for just $2.99.
Old Jan. 11th, '09, 4:32 pm   #14
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,842
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
I went to the live show in 2006 on our honeymoon. It was a good time for sure. I saw the cliff hanger take a dive too. I think everyone was rooting against the guy playing.
I went to the Live Show in Vegas and had a great time. Also saw the Cliff Hangar go flying, which was awesome! Saw Plinko. And I saw the person spin $1 on the wheel.

Old Jan. 11th, '09, 4:34 pm   #15
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

so how was this game for the Wii, considered picking it up for the Wife...
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Jan. 11th, '09, 4:41 pm   #16
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

Quote:
and the one with the yodeller (Cliff Hanger) is my wife's favorite game.
When I was about 15, my parents and I flew out to LA and they got tickets for the show (this would have been in the mid-80's). I stayed at the resort and played around while they went to the show (noone under 18 I guess, something like that).

Anyway, my Mom got on the show and got to play that game. She won! She spun 10 cents, THEN $1 on the wheel though, and kissed Bob. lol

I remember watching it on CBS about 3 months later when it aired, pretty surreal to see someone you know up there, especially your Mother kissing Bob Barker.
Old Jan. 11th, '09, 4:44 pm   #17
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,842
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
so how was this game for the Wii, considered picking it up for the Wife...
I have fun with it. There's a couple really cool games. A couple stupid ones. But overall I think its cheaper than other games, so its worth the pickup. It may wear off quickly, but its one of those games you can come back to after a little bit and still have a blast.

Old Jan. 11th, '09, 4:53 pm   #18
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
I have fun with it. There's a couple really cool games. A couple stupid ones. But overall I think its cheaper than other games, so its worth the pickup. It may wear off quickly, but its one of those games you can come back to after a little bit and still have a blast.
I would think it would get stale without DLC for new products and prizes for the games. If they wanted to be smart about it, they could probably offer it for free by offering the companies who produce the products free advertising or something. I didn't think this game had an option like that. Wouldn't you see the same products and know the prices for the pricing games after awhile?

Old Jan. 29th, '09, 9:53 pm   #19
bubbaman115

Sep 2008 1,056
Reading, PA

haha the game sounds pretty cool Price is Right is on of my favorite shows i might have to pick this game up for my Wii
Old Apr. 2nd, '09, 1:20 pm   #20
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

I guess this is a bump. My wife got a wii for herself last weekend. Friends of ours came over that just got a wii and picked up this game on the way over. We played a few rounds and it was a blast!

My wife and I had tix to the price is right when we went on vacation to Cali. We got there and eventhough you have tix you arent guaranteed in and we didn't get in. She was really bummed about it.

However since then we have been to the price is right in Vegas two different times however the game changed. The first time, you got a controller and you had to buzz in on pricing games to win a spot to play in the actual game. The second time, they had stopped that and just did randon seat callings.