XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Other Help

Old Mar. 24th, '14, 2:01 pm   #1
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,101
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk
Default Ebay Question/Help

Someone just purchased an item from me, and is asking for my email address... Should I or do I send them it?
Old Mar. 24th, '14, 2:06 pm   #2
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,418
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

You can but all transactions are done through ebay itself. Don't accept money if it isn't. Could cause issues if they bitch about something.

Old Mar. 24th, '14, 2:19 pm   #3
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,101
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Cool.. I just sent the guy the statement.. I called pay pal. They did it was cool

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
Old Mar. 24th, '14, 2:46 pm   #4
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,380
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Yeah I always deal through eBay and use paypal for all transactions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Mar. 24th, '14, 2:49 pm   #5
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

If someone wants your email they probably want to bitch. That said does eBay not attach your personal info to every auction won regardless?

I follow a strict code. If someone wants to bitch about shipping fees after they've agreed to pay them, I use the non-paying bidder complaint and shut down the sale. Hasn't happened in a while but it gets real old fast when someone buys your item and then decides is the time to complain about the well-posted in advance shipping. Lots of "$7 is excessive. Let's bring that down a bit... postage can't be more than $3." Assholes.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Mar. 24th, '14, 6:00 pm   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,290
Toronto

I only accept PayPal as payment for my eBay store. Makes it so easy!

you can send messages and send invoices through eBay itself, so he shouldn't need your email address.

Old Mar. 24th, '14, 6:31 pm   #7
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

You have a store, Scott?

These days I pretty much just sell gaming and electronic stuff when I'm done with it, but occasionally I see stuff related to gaming or comics or just anything I know as a retailer is an unbelievable bargain while shopping and use eBay to flip it, but I don't take it very seriously. The last 2 years I think I've done 3 batches of items. I used to peek around pawn shops and find the odd thing I could turn $20 into $50 with, but that's only profitable as a business venture if I consider my time worthless.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Mar. 25th, '14, 11:47 am   #8
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,290
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
You have a store, Scott?

These days I pretty much just sell gaming and electronic stuff when I'm done with it, but occasionally I see stuff related to gaming or comics or just anything I know as a retailer is an unbelievable bargain while shopping and use eBay to flip it, but I don't take it very seriously. The last 2 years I think I've done 3 batches of items. I used to peek around pawn shops and find the odd thing I could turn $20 into $50 with, but that's only profitable as a business venture if I consider my time worthless.
It's not my own personal store, it's one of the businesses that I look after.

I manage a music distribution company (3 divisions) of various products and eBay is just one of the many ways we sell items.

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Mar. 26th, '14 at 1:29 pm.

Old May. 21st, '14, 3:28 pm   #9
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

eBay has been hacked, prompting recommendations to everyone to change their passwords:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ebay...ning-1.2649344