Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Apr. 17th, '14, 11:22 am   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Default H1Z1

https://www.h1z1.com/home

http://gamerant.com/sony-mmo-h1z1-panoramic-screenshot/

Zombie MMO... Im in!

Old Apr. 23rd, '14, 12:58 am   #2
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...w_xpost_rh1z1/

Quote:
Some of our outcomes. Please note I'll do a comprehensive posting after we're done with this. We have another meeting Thursday to discuss.
We will be selling wearables. We felt like this will be a good, fair revenue generator. However - we recognize how important finding wearables in the world is so you'll be able to find and craft a lot of stuff. We agree that's something important. We've also come up with a pretty awesome idea to let players who kill other players loot stuff. So if a player has a black ski mask and gets killed by another player, that player can wear the ski mask for a few deaths (we have durability in the game. Station Cash wearables won't degrade at all but when you loot something.. it will degrade. Please note the original player always keeps their SC purchased wearables. This gives the great feeling of whacking some unsuspecting fool who decided to bring a knife to a gun fight.
We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.
Nor will we sell boosts that will impact #2.
Emote Pack - of course we'll have the basics for free. But we felt like this is another good and fair revenue generator.
Character slots - feels reasonable.
6) Crates - You can find crates sometimes in game. They're filled with random cool stuff from the store. We're considering letting you see what's in them before you buy a key (ala Dota 2.). This idea isn't fully locked yet.
That Monetization thread has turned out to be a terrific source of ideas and it also is helping us steer clear of the stuff you just don't want to see.
More to come late this week.
Smed
Source
UPDATE: Seems like they want to make some kind of air drop available for purchase:
An idea was discussed internally yesterday that we really like. It's simple - We will allow players to purchase Air Drops of care packages like food, water. Before you judge - it goes to a random location and is obvious to everyone in the area. Think of it like buying surprises for people in the game that if you're lucky you can try and get yourselves.
However, our real goal here is along the lines of The Hunger Games. A mad rush for supplies followed by a tense standoff. Basically think of it as instant chaos.
How is there anything flying? A few pilots manage to scrounge together enough fuel to make these runs.
Just an idea. Thoughts?
Smed

UGGGGG...

I need to band together with some friends before jumping into this, I dont like the idea of having a cool ski mask and losing it when someone kills me. I hope that they limit the human to human damage so that you have time to flee, human to infected or infected to human damage is fine a high level. I just really dont want to scavenge and collect for a month only to lose it all to a kid that logs in for the first time ever.

Old Apr. 23rd, '14, 1:14 am   #3
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...w_xpost_rh1z1/

UGGGGG...

I need to band together with some friends before jumping into this, I dont like the idea of having a cool ski mask and losing it when someone kills me. I hope that they limit the human to human damage so that you have time to flee, human to infected or infected to human damage is fine a high level. I just really dont want to scavenge and collect for a month only to lose it all to a kid that logs in for the first time ever.
This game has certainly peaked my interest, although I've avoided most games in the same genre within the past two years or so. I agree that it would suck to lose absolutely everything, but as you said, traveling with a band of friends would probably be the way to go.

Perhaps there will be some sort of safe house? Where you can store certain iterms, and won't lose them when you die. Carry everything you don't have in storage, and risk losing a more valuable and effective item if you carry it.
Old Apr. 23rd, '14, 2:16 am   #4
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

TERMINUS!

lol

I can already see people forming alliances and going about raiding and so forth, for me I would just like to survive for as long as I can.

Lone wolf mentality will most certainly get you dead I am curious to see how it will be set up, if you are dropped in a city and can easily find friends and band together or if each person is dropped in there own geographical area and you have to try and find them...

the game sounds great so far and I cant wait

Quote:
Anything i quotes is an exact quote from a SOE employee. Anything in italics is my thinking
Old thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comment...know_thus_far/
This Thread's Updates
4/12: I've been keeping this thread updated as we learn new things. It's returned as the subreddit sticky as a clearinghouse as everything we've learned.
Dev Posts
What is H1Z1 by Smed
There are a TON of dev posts in the last day. Most of the front page threads have posts in them.
Monetization in H1Z1 by Smed
Answering Questions about the Map
(Not a Dev Post) Summery of Whisenhunt's interview on Lirik's livestream
H1Z1 Dev Tracker
Gameplay Details
First Person or Third Person shooter
Zombie Survival
Night is dark and full of terrors
Player versus Player at it's core.
More than just zombies in the world
Base Building, Town building, Fortress creation
Can burn down things others build.
Lots of crafting. Probably the biggest thing about the game.
Vehicles are already in. Possibility of aircraft in the future.
Based off the United States.
If you die, you lose your gear. It stays on your corpse.
"No skills or levels".
"Thousands of players". I'm willing to bet this will be larger, playercount wise, than planetside 2.
There will be Hunting.
Horses will be a mode of transportation
Camping was added recently
Pets are being considered.
Tech Details
PC first, PS4 later. "Well, we are Sony" when asked about the PS4 version.
In terms of cross-platform play, Planetside 2 will not be doing cross platform due to the logistics of updating the game on the PS4 vs the PC. I expect that this has not changed so I don't see cross-platform play happening. SOE has made no comment on this point however, so I could be talking out of my ass.
"If you can run Planetside 2, you can run H1Z1 better".
"Orders of magnitude larger than Planetside 2".
Based of Planetside 2. Shares no tech with Everquest Next (so no Voxels).
Built in voice chat options.
Monetization Details
Free to play
Part of the All-Access subscription that SOE is launching this month. $15/mo for premium sub in all SOE games.
"you seriously don't need to spend a dime. We're still figuring out the monetization but we will telegraph our plans early and let people comment and we'll listen if they don't like something and come to a place where people feel good about it." -Smed, in this thread
Early Access ($20ish, on steam) in 4-6 weeks.
When do we get more details?
Screenshots will start coming out almost immediately.
The next playtest will be Live streamed. The livestream will be Thursday.
I'm still working on this thread and grabbing info that was posted. If you have something I missed please put it in the comments
EDIT: Also if you are on the dev team and want to spill more details be my guest

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comment...e_learned_now/

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Apr. 23rd, '14 at 2:24 am.

Old Apr. 23rd, '14, 12:47 pm   #5
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,690
Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah the game seems pretty cool, I really need to get my damn laptop or a computer working though, I just think anything on consoles is pretty limited numbers wise, but PC you can have a huge world of people playing. If it isn't limited on consoles Id probably grab that then

Old Apr. 23rd, '14, 5:19 pm   #6
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

PC first then Ps4...