Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Playstation

Old Nov. 5th, '13, 7:30 pm   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Default Gran Turismo 6

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/

Quote:
Course Maker
This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.
Unreal!

I can't wait to try this!!

Old Nov. 6th, '13, 4:52 am   #2
Walbeb
Jun 2012 802
Wallingford, CT.

I enjoyed GT5, will probably pick up this one as well. Gran Turismo drives a lot better then Forza but Forza has an amazing presentation.

I wasn't even aware they were making a 6th one for PS3 so thanks for the post.
Old Nov. 6th, '13, 9:57 am   #3
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,694
Boston

Did I read that right? Will I be able to map my commute to work and turn it into a race track?

That said, I think I'm still a little weary of promises for future content DLC, and I'm in a bit of a "I'll believe it when I see" mode.

Very cool feature!

Old Nov. 6th, '13, 10:33 am   #4
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Yeah!

It's part of the track editor feature, get the app for your smartphone and switch on the GPS and it will map it and translate it to in game course.

Although I expect it will be a vacant road course with the shape of your route.... But who knows! They may be working with garmin or Tom Tom or even google and blow everyone out of the water with building etc.

Old Nov. 6th, '13, 11:58 am   #5
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,694
Boston

Now that would be truly epic, especially since I drive past Google/Youtube server farms on my way to work (here in Silicon Valley).