XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Other Help

Old Dec. 20th, '12, 11:36 am   #1
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,112
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice
Default Ethernet Cord Run or alternatives

Okay Here's the deal.. I built a 20x40 shop in my backyard for our business.... For about 5 months ive been lazy and used an extension cord to run the machines and such but its time to fix this up right

The shop basically has two sides... One is a inclosed shop and the other is more like a garage area for Wood working and ETC.... As of right now the petition between the two areas is not up yet So When My the door is open I can receive the signal from my router and can process orders ....

But its time and its cold and Im ready to have a warm building to work in... So its time to get everything hooked up (electricity and internet)... Because of it being a metal building, I would rather hard wire the internet ... Two questions, lol.. finally, I want to run 100 ft ethernet cord, will i have trouble with the signal doing this....?, and I would really like to run the ethernet cord in the electricity conduit..... will I have interference if I do that....?

Thanks in advance..

Old Dec. 20th, '12, 11:43 am   #2
BONGKARMA
Compete,Respect,and Enjoy!

Sep 2008 2,075
NORTH CAROLINA U.S.A.
Send a message via MSN to BONGKARMA Send a message via AIM to BONGKARMA Send a message via ICQ to BONGKARMA Send a message via Skype™ to BONGKARMA Send a message via Yahoo to BONGKARMA

I used a 100 ft cable into the electricity conduit to run into my studio. works great.

Old Dec. 20th, '12, 11:54 am   #3
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

I have a 60 foot cord running the 5 feet from my router to my XBOX. No problems.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Dec. 20th, '12, 12:14 pm   #4
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,418
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

No Ethernet can run up to 300 ft so you will be fine. Anything after that you would need a repeater.

Old Dec. 20th, '12, 1:11 pm   #5
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,112
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Thanks for info.... I was worried about using the same conduit but if you're having no problems then i feel pretty comfortable doing that..

Old Dec. 20th, '12, 1:11 pm   #6
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

I use a 50 foot and Im 5 feet away too
]
Old Dec. 20th, '12, 1:34 pm   #7
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,418
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

Don't skimp on the cable and you should be ok with the shielding for running it in the same conduit.