XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Other Help

Old Aug. 22nd, '12, 9:29 pm   #1
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,381
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67
Default router/ speed issues

figured I would reach out. I am having some speed slash loading issues. Just recently went back to xfinity from Verizon. Speeds seem very slow pages take a while to load and we get pages freezing on us for example I load up xbs the name comes up in the tab but no xbs site I open another tab go back to old and the site is open. We have done speed test on all computers mine is usually in the 6-15 download my kids can get up to 50 wireless. I have a modem and wireless netgear router. They told me today that the router works on the same 2.4 GHz range as my turtle beach thus causing interference. I do not agree as I never really had issues with Verizon speeds and had all the same equipment. To those computer gurus out there does this seem correct? Also if the headset is an issue am I able to set that to one channel so it does not interfere with wireless. Any help would be great also need to know if I will be able to use this router when I get my apple computer?

Old Aug. 22nd, '12, 11:12 pm   #2
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I'll answer the last part, yes you can use it with your Mac.

Old Aug. 24th, '12, 10:51 am   #3
murph
Aug 2010 274
NY

hmmm. was it faster before on Verizon?

sounds like the wireless on your PC. desktop or another laptop? how strong is the signal?

it could be a case where your PC is running wifi-G (top speed 56mbps) and the laptops have the newer wifi-n (top speed 300mbps) - but those numbers seem very low for that scenario.
Old Aug. 24th, '12, 11:22 am   #4
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,381
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Yes Verizon was 28 to 34 all the time and download was supposed to be 35

Old Sep. 2nd, '12, 7:55 am   #5
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,381
West Chester, PA

well problem solved told Comcast to suck my right nut and they cancelled my contract and I got Verizon back what a difference. The amazing thing is my computer which is older is still a bit slow but the kids are faster and no interference and everything is the same. So I am hoping that when I get the new computer it should be much faster.

Another question is it possible to split an either net cable. I have a rather long run from my router to my desk area. At this point my Xbox is hard wired would like to possible hard wire new computer but really do not want to have to buy that much Ethernet cable. So I guess I am asking is it possible?

Old Sep. 4th, '12, 10:20 am   #6
murph
Aug 2010 274
NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
well problem solved told Comcast to suck my right nut and they cancelled my contract and I got Verizon back what a difference. The amazing thing is my computer which is older is still a bit slow but the kids are faster and no interference and everything is the same. So I am hoping that when I get the new computer it should be much faster.

Another question is it possible to split an either net cable. I have a rather long run from my router to my desk area. At this point my Xbox is hard wired would like to possible hard wire new computer but really do not want to have to buy that much Ethernet cable. So I guess I am asking is it possible?
You can't split the ethernet cable directly. You would need a little 4/5 port hub/switch for like $20. Or if you know anyone that works in IT, they might have an old one lying around.