XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Football

View Poll Results: Which night(s) are best for you to attend the draft?
Sunday Sept 6th 9pm et 9 69.23%
Monday Sept 7th 9pm et 9 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec. 15th, '15, 3:55 am   #71
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,756
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
I know it's like that in real life too, but it always sucks to be at the top and then lose in the first round.

I meant to post up at the end of the season but got sidetracked. I had won 5 in a row to put myself in the playoffs only to lose the last two games, somewhat close, and just miss. Definitely made it fun and it was great having competitive matches every week. Tough with so many teams to climb out of a hole through the waiver wire but I'll take that as a lesson learned. And that lesson is do better in the draft when there are 12-14 teams
Yea, 14 team leagues are always dangerous if you don't have an amazing draft or get plagued with injuries. I felt good in the draft but injuries were killer! And I'm talking league wide in the NFL, so many big injuries this year it seemed.
Old Dec. 27th, '15, 8:40 pm   #72
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,888
St. Louis, MO

Soooo, what do I get for winning this thing finally? hehe

I would have won it last year but laid an egg in week 15, only to have the best score in the final four for week 16 and took 3rd.

Considering the players I drafted, I'm actually pretty proud that I managed the #1 points overall (by nearly 200pts) and held on through 3 rounds of the post season

Quote:
Round Pick Player Position
1. (12) Rob Gronkowski TE
2. (17) Matt Forte RB
3. (40) Mike Evans WR
4. (45) Carlos Hyde RB
5. (68) Brandon Marshall WR
6. (73) Allen Robinson WR
7. (96) Nelson Agholor WR
8. (101) Ryan Tannehill QB
9. (124) Mike Wallace WR
10. (129) Carolina DEF
11. (152) Carson Palmer QB
12. (157) David Johnson RB
13. (180) Ronnie Hillman RB
14. (185) Justin Tucker K
15. (208) Benjamin Watson TE
Palmer was my best pick by far, with Robinson and Marshall carrying the load most of the season with Gronk not living up to 1st round billing, and Forte and Evens were mostly busts. Had I kept David Johnson, the last few weeks would have been epic. I forget who I dropped him for.

Looking forward to defending the title next year!

Old Dec. 27th, '15, 9:28 pm   #73
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,756
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Congrats, I'm still bitter with my team. Went in to the playoffs as the #1 seed only to shit the bed in the 1st round. Than in the 2nd round I put up 130 points, fml. Hopefully I can draft better next year. Good season everyone!
Old Dec. 31st, '15, 12:56 pm   #74
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,265
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Hey jcon77,

No, you didn't win your Fantasy Football league, Xbox Sports. You didn't even collect a second or third place trophy. There are no virtual ribbons for participation.

You may curse the fantasy gods who so spurned you this season. You may wallow is self-pity, denigrating your poor decisions. You may do all this and more, but we say to you, pick up your head, stifle your sobs, and plan now for redemption and glory next season.

--Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football

Old May. 3rd, '17, 1:45 pm   #75
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,542
The Elbow

I renewed the league today. We have lots of time before it starts.

Looking at the names, we might need to replace 1 or 2 guys so we'll see as guys join.

If anyone wants to join us, please pm me your email address so I can send you an invite.

No deadbeat owners please. You are expected to make sure your weekly lineup is done and in place every week all season long, regardless of your place in the standings.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old May. 3rd, '17, 3:29 pm   #76
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,756
Fontanafredda, Italy

Hopefully this season goes better for me. Last year was a dumpster fire from the get go.....