Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Fighting

Old Jun. 7th, '09, 1:26 pm   #311
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr04 View Post
Actually if you visualize what it is it saves him stamina.First you can't release a sub after like a 2 second window. If you could that would be pretty exploitable and ruin the online play. It's a quick bang bang move. If you battle for 30 seconds in a sprawl with each alternating trying 3 or 4 transitions often the person on the bottom will be in a submittable position. IMO on the ground in this game giving someone your back is the safest position because they can't land and damaging blows and you can camp out and be in no danger. I'm looking for mount and then work from there.

I don't see why I'm forced to defend myself on this when a) it comes up like once every 10 fights and b) you can just skip 2 steps by elevator sweeping right from guard into the mount and avoid having to camp out in the body triangle.

Just forget I even brought it up then. I just thought it was a cool technique and was trying to help someone who seemed to have trouble with the ground game.
It is a none exploit/bug that if you try the sub and let go of it real quick, multiple times that it will quickly gas out your opponent, which you can then easily sub for a win. As for giving someone your back being the safest, while you can't land any damaging blows you can still sub them. I'll agree that from a GNP style fighter, the back is pretty useless but it's pretty realistic to real life.
Old Jun. 7th, '09, 7:29 pm   #312
mr04
Banned
Jul 2008 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
It is a none exploit/bug that if you try the sub and let go of it real quick, multiple times that it will quickly gas out your opponent, which you can then easily sub for a win. As for giving someone your back being the safest, while you can't land any damaging blows you can still sub them. I'll agree that from a GNP style fighter, the back is pretty useless but it's pretty realistic to real life.
I don't think that is even the case though. The window for releasing a sub is so small that the fatigue effect is almost non existent. The real strain for both players is when the struggle animation starts. IMO THQ hit a home run with the submission system in the game. It is simple and effective. You can not just spam submissions until you get one you have to be very confident in it's success if you want to commit to it or you will lose a position.

I played a player this weak who whenever I got into his half guard would repeatedly sub and release a kimura. He would do 4 or 5 in a row and I was never in danger stamina wise. I don't think he was doing it maliciously I assume he just thought he was being clever and trying to "score points".

The biggest stamina depleters are the explosive anaerobic moves like high kicks, clinch knees and major transitions from the bottom. You can never do more of 2 of any in a row without a pause to rest because they take their toll.
Old Jul. 5th, '09, 3:36 pm   #313
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

Finished my career at 28-15 in LHW. Got knocked out by Rampage one punch in ten seconds to end my career. I guess I went out with a bang.

Tags
ufc, undisputed