Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Baseball > The Show

Old Jan. 14th, '13, 6:30 pm   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Default MLB The Show 13 Cross play = unreal.

http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=17778

Quote:
Regardless of whether users are logged in to a PlaySstation®3 or PlayStation®Vita, selecting an Online Home Run Derby match will gather users into one game experience. You could be playing against users in a train, plane or their living room!

Like last year, when entering an Online Home Run Derby™ contest, you will have the option to play a “Random Match” or “Play With Friends.” Random match will set you up against other online users in the queue. This can be against 2-7 other players (8 users max).
now having just read that I'm only a touch excited, the initial Cross Play failed MISERABLY so I will hold my breath on this GIANT step for Sony. If they could get cross play to work as advertised I would be happy, if they get cross play to work and incorporate this I would be excited. I think we are inching closer to a title release on the Sony Network that will allow actual games to be played head to head crossing platform borders.

Old Jan. 22nd, '13, 4:21 pm   #2
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Cross Play didn't work last year? I thought it was supposed to be seamless. I play a game, have to go, and can pick it up and finish it on Vita. Is that not the case? One would think the cross buy promo will be huge for this game if they do it.

Old Jan. 22nd, '13, 4:34 pm   #3
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

That's exactly how it was supposed to work last year, they didnt take into account the many roster updates causing database errors and just ended up corrupting files in the cloud.

It was a nightmare check pasta padre for details.

I basically had to run 2 separate franchises....

I hope that is not the case this year lol

Old Jan. 22nd, '13, 4:35 pm   #4
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

I forgot to add that Sony had the best solution to the problem:

Don't use it.

For real.

Old Jan. 25th, '13, 10:21 am   #5
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
I forgot to add that Sony had the best solution to the problem:

Don't use it.

For real.
Wowzers.

It only does nothing.

Old Aug. 6th, '13, 11:30 am   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I think the cross play is amazing but I only use it for RTTS. I am in my 5th season now. I always throw it on the Vita to take it to work and on my off days throw it back to the PS3. I'm about to go back to the States for a month so back to the Vita it will go