Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Jul. 16th, '17, 1:30 pm   #61
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,604
Boston

Yeah me too! It's the reason I'll be exactly on time for tonight's games, and not a minute sooner. =P

Old Jul. 16th, '17, 2:29 pm   #62
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,032
Long Island, NY

Same here Pete. Very excited for the season premier tonight.

Old Aug. 22nd, '17, 8:53 pm   #63
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
So, out of the blue it just hits me that Hodor could've become a White Walker or Wight And when googling that thought, someone else mentioned that Summer could as well

*EDIT* Assuming Hodor died
I guess the above pales in comparison to what happened in the last episode Never even had that thought.
Old Aug. 23rd, '17, 8:16 am   #64
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,116
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I'll start off by saying I still like the show, but does anyone else think season 7 feels more like watching Game of Thrones internet fan fiction?

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Aug. 23rd, '17, 8:25 am   #65
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,604
Boston

Quote:
I guess the above pales in comparison to what happened in the last episode Never even had that thought.
Yeah that was a huge OH CRAP moment to end the episode on.

Old Aug. 23rd, '17, 10:52 pm   #66
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
Yeah that was a huge OH CRAP moment to end the episode on.
Spoiler-ish
Click here to see full text
As soon as I saw the big spear come out was my oh crap moment because I knew what was coming even before the end of the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
I'll start off by saying I still like the show, but does anyone else think season 7 feels more like watching Game of Thrones internet fan fiction?
I don't know about fan fiction but it doesn't have the same "feel" as the previous seasons. I feel like some of the actors aren't doing as well with their characters. While there is a lot happening, everything feels rushed/hurried. I don't know if talking about a specific character is a spoiler, but just in case...

I think Daenerys has basically cashed her check I'm trying to think/hope that it's because she's smitten with Jon so her edginess isn't there, but that might be wishful thinking. I feel like her speeches are lacking now whereas before when she spoke, everything was meaningful and had an anger/passion behind it.

However, Arya and Sansa in the last episode was really good

Now that I'm typing it out, fan fiction might be a good description because the dialogue seems weak this season. Soulcontrolla said earlier that when they got away from the books, he was hoping it didn't get too hollywood and predictable. It is starting to feel as if that is happening.

I definitely don't like the 7 episodes. I'm glad things aren't dragging along, but I also feel as if the storylines are just being thrown out there to provide closure.

Love the show and am trying to get my brother to watch it so I can watch it all again I literally get excited when the next episode is aired. But this season (might be my first season watching "live") just doesn't feel right. Season finale this weekend Do we have to wait another year for the final episodes to air?
Old Aug. 27th, '17, 4:56 pm   #67
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 875

Quote:
Soulcontrolla said earlier that when they got away from the books, he was hoping it didn't get too hollywood and predictable. It is starting to feel as if that is happening.
I agree

There are two things that are bottering me now, compared to early seasons. When someone was going to die, he was dying. Nothing happened to save him at the last second. Like Ned Stark. After his death, I thought I was prepared for anything else. But then came the red wedding. And then the Viper vs the Mountain. He was gonna win! They had me once again. I haven't got this feeling since then.

Valar Morgulis damnit!

I think the other thing bothering isn't related to the writing tho. It's just the time they have left to conclude the story. The first 4/5 seasons, we were in the building phase of the characters. So many subtle things too see and understand, you had to think to get the pieces together.

Now I feel everything is 'ready to eat'. Tons of CGI, big scenes (I do like them) but way less time for other characters that are nothing to what they were in the first seasons. Like Littlefinger, Varys, Bran (so far), etc. Even Tyrion is boring. And where's that god damn Ghost wolf of Jon Snow lol. Lots of stuff doesn't add up but all they gotta say is 'there are flying dragons so everything is possible. It wasn't like that in first seasons.

I also know they need to conclude and get the story rolling but that makes me like the first seasons better.

Old Aug. 27th, '17, 5:01 pm   #68
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,032
Long Island, NY

Agree with plenty that has been said in here. However, I still love the damn show. I can watch the same episodes multiply times and still enjoy them.

What is really bothering me most recently is how they are dragging out the whole Sansa/Littlefinger/Arya situation. The whole dialogue between them has become quite stale.

Old Aug. 27th, '17, 9:36 pm   #69
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
Agree with plenty that has been said in here. However, I still love the damn show. I can watch the same episodes multiply times and still enjoy them.

What is really bothering me most recently is how they are dragging out the whole Sansa/Littlefinger/Arya situation. The whole dialogue between them has become quite stale.
Along with what Makakk said and if you haven't seen the Season 7 finale, this is a spoiler:

I've been eagerly waiting Littlefinger's death ever since we met him It was very disappointing in my opinion. And again, it too felt rushed. While it contradicts what Makakk said in terms of a surprise death, it just wasn't all that shocking to me. And it definitely wasn't as gratifying as I had hoped Maybe I'm just a sicko.

Speaking of sicko. Think of ANY of your aunts if you have any. Jon just had sex with his
Old Aug. 27th, '17, 10:01 pm   #70
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

What an episode!

Wow, that was amazing! I wish we could have seen a little more of the wedding but oh well. It was nice to finally see Rheagar. I am also glad we now know Jons real name, Aegon Targaryen. All in all that was a great episode. And what a bitch Cercei is, how the hell can she be that retarded? Good for Jaime for FINALLY telling her to fuck off. Will be nice to see him fighting alongside Aegon and company.