Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Football > NCAA

Old Aug. 14th, '11, 11:20 am   #1
tHe Rk
tHe Rk xxxxxxxx

Aug 2008 351
Sapulpa, Ok
Default NCAA 12 worth the upgrade?

So I don't have a ton of time to play games these days, but I'm getting the itch to play through a few seasons of NCAA, and I recently bought NCAA 11 several months back. The impression I got from some review sites was that the major upgrades were last year, and this year was basically the same but with small improvements all across the board.

The question is, is it worth the upgrade price? Considering I won't get much on trade in / sale of 11, do you guys think 12 is worth the upgrade or should I just go ahead and play 11, especially considering I don't have loads of time to spend with it anyway?
Old Aug. 14th, '11, 1:02 pm   #2
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,094
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Personally I like the feel of the game and the atmosphere but really any idea of actually say Go buy this game.. Is simply tainted right now because we cant play our Dynasty until the next patch comes out.. so.. basically its up to you.. I can tell you more though in a few weeks..

Old Aug. 15th, '11, 10:27 am   #3
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Honestly I say stick with 11. I don't have internet right now so can't comment on anything online. I just don't see that many improvements to really make it worth $60. The coaching carousel is cool but the way it's implemented is pretty crappy. It's been proven that years into the dynasty most coaches have A+ prestige and since that's the only rating for coaches, that leads to alot of unrealistic overrated rosters later in your dynasty.

12's not a bad game, just not sure if it's that much better then 11. Doesn't hurt to rent it though and see what you think.
Old Aug. 15th, '11, 11:19 am   #4
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,756
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I would say stick with NCAA 11.....the new one isn't anything special man.
Old Aug. 15th, '11, 1:08 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,034
Toronto

I think 12 is better (as nosice said)...just a bummer right now about the Teambuilder online play issues.

Old Aug. 15th, '11, 2:35 pm   #6
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

I'd probably stick with 11, the nice thing about it is that it actually works

12 is better but not worth the price until they patch all the silly bugs.
Old Aug. 15th, '11, 9:21 pm   #7
tHe Rk
tHe Rk xxxxxxxx

Aug 2008 351
Sapulpa, Ok

Thanks for all the feedback fella's, think I'll go ahead and stick with 11. If I had more time for gaming and once they fix all the online bugs I'd probably still opt to get the new one, but as it is I just don't have time like I used to, so 11 should suffice I suppose.