Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > General Sports

Old May. 13th, '10, 9:50 am   #1
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,689
NE of TO
Ea Sports Skate 3 Discussions

So last night I'm playing skate OFFLINE and I even had my status set to "Appear Offline"...

I'm in a skate park doing tricks, then all of a sudden I see a character in MY skate park with some green lettering above his head. I say to myself "WTF is that?". I head over to that area of the "bowl" we're skating in and I get closer and I see the name PIXELSLASH above his head.

Again, I say to myself "How the fuck did he get into MY game" and "How did he even know I was online and playing Skate?".

Needless to say I skate over to him and crash into him so it's knocks us both off our boards..lol. A few minutes later and he's nowhere to be seen. I guess I pissed him off..lol.

I even plugged my mic in and tried talking to you Pix, but got nothing in response.

How did you know I was playing and how did you just end up in my offline game?

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; May. 13th, '10 at 9:53 am.

Old May. 13th, '10, 9:52 am   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,689
NE of TO

I have to say, there are some really cool areas of Port Carverton to skate in The place is pretty big too which is cool. I still have lots more exploring to do.

Old May. 13th, '10, 11:08 am   #3
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
So last night I'm playing skate OFFLINE and I even had my status set to "Appear Offline"...

I'm in a skate park doing tricks, then all of a sudden I see a character in MY skate park with some green lettering above his head. I say to myself "WTF is that?". I head over to that area of the "bowl" we're skating in and I get closer and I see the name PIXELSLASH above his head.

Again, I say to myself "How the fuck did he get into MY game" and "How did he even know I was online and playing Skate?".

Needless to say I skate over to him and crash into him so it's knocks us both off our boards..lol. A few minutes later and he's nowhere to be seen. I guess I pissed him off..lol.

I even plugged my mic in and tried talking to you Pix, but got nothing in response.

How did you know I was playing and how did you just end up in my offline game?
I don't recall that at all. There were a few times where the online settings were wrong and some randoms got in the room but I never recognized the names.

I know when you go to "Team Lobby" it searches for people on your friends list that are playing the game and then puts you in their room (if they are online). So maybe you went online in the game to do a challenge or something and I accident joined your game by accident.

You can import your friends skaters but they don't have green lettering above their heads.

At any rate, no clue what happened. If you want an invite tonight just let me know... if I see you online and am skating online I will throw you an invite.
Old May. 13th, '10, 11:09 am   #4
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
I have to say, there are some really cool areas of Port Carverton to skate in The place is pretty big too which is cool. I still have lots more exploring to do.
I have a bad habit of teleporting everywhere. You get places fast but you don't really learn where anything is. I need to start keeping track of the areas.
Old May. 13th, '10, 11:59 am   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Regardless of whether or not you import a friend, they will show up in your world. It's really a cool feature. They aren't really there. So I could play right now and see you guys even though you aren't playing.

I read this in one of the "tips" during loading. I couldn't read it all because it changed too quickly, but I did read that you'll start seeing your friends in your world and above their heads....... I just assumed it said your names would appear. Maybe it's in the manual somewhere (I rented).

I don't know what it is about the Skate games but I just don't like them. I try to get into them but never can put enough time in to enjoy it. I hate the camera and I just don't like the feel. I can COMPLETELY and TOTALLY see how people do enjoy the game, it just never grabs me like it does others. There aren't many other games i'm looking forward to right now so I might hold onto it for a bit, but I've only played about an hour and am right back where I've been with all the other games.

There is a steep learning curve like pixel mentioned last night, but I don't think that's completely it. And I don't think it's the "Tony Hawk Syndrome" either. Those two things might play into it, but I don't think it's the only reason. Some of it could be the trick system. My hands don't do what they're supposed to and having to hit RB and other buttons is hard for me. It's also very daunting playing the career mode.

Anyway, I have kind of a funny video that I can't upload because I don't have the online code. I wouldn't buy it right now anyway but even if I could, it's not working of course.

Last edited by jujimum; May. 13th, '10 at 12:02 pm.
Old May. 13th, '10, 12:00 pm   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,689
NE of TO

So you're saying you didn't see me?

We were in the skate park "bowl" (red in color) at the bottom of the hill where the finish line is for that challenge race. It's in the middle of the outdoor running track.

Old May. 13th, '10, 4:35 pm   #7
Decade
For your health!

Aug 2008 1,194
Winnipeg, MB
Send a message via MSN to Decade Send a message via Skype™ to Decade

The game will automatically throw the characters from your friends list friends who have skate in the game as A.I. It will say their names above their head but it should say (AI) beside their name. Cool feature.
Old May. 13th, '10, 6:41 pm   #8
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
So you're saying you didn't see me?

We were in the skate park "bowl" (red in color) at the bottom of the hill where the finish line is for that challenge race. It's in the middle of the outdoor running track.
I was definitely in that area with jujimum and Kabbott. I was teaching them how to coffin ride. I can't recall seeing any "random" person, even you at that time. Odd.
Old May. 13th, '10, 7:00 pm   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,689
NE of TO

It must have been what Decade was talking about.

Old May. 13th, '10, 11:05 pm   #10
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
It must have been what Decade was talking about.
Ahem! You mean what I said first

Maybe what pixel said in his second to last post is why I don't enjoy the game. I don't find it fun to explore or see any reason to explore. I'd probably like it more if I just teleported everywhere and did the challenges. There's really no reward for exploring other than racking up points (which I can't do in this game).

Last edited by jujimum; May. 13th, '10 at 11:08 pm.