Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > General Sports

Old Nov. 10th, '13, 8:33 pm   #21
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
I think it shows a lot to wrestle a match and despite choreography put millions on the line. However it should never be for a title. These matches should give the top company guys their big match while elevating others for titles. Problem is they replaced several viable champs like Rock and Austin with basically Cena and nothing else. Whoever holds the other title is the Junior Circuit champ.
Agreed. And while hardcore fans love CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in particular, the PG era of WWE has come full circle right back to when the Saturday Morning kiddies crowd rules because they want to see Cena and nothing else. Totally reminiscent of Hogan's later years with the WWF before he went to WCW. The company is seriously lacking in terms of guys who are both amazing ring performers and amazing on the mic. There are several who are good at one or the other, but perhaps more remarkably is the amount of energy WWE gives to promoting people who suck at both because they look cool(Fandango, Khali, 3MB, and pretty much the entire Divas group except for AJ and Natalya for starters). This is why they're so desperate to bring back the stars of the late 90's for one more match here and there. Credit to Jericho and RVD, they've still got it... but they clearly don't want it that much anymore.

From what I can tell, Shawn Michaels' retirement in particular left a massive vacuum that only got worse when HHH became a part timer. Focusing back on Randy Orton is probably a step in the right direction, but the ones that need to be canned are the booking team. I get that backstage politics are a tremendous thing in pro wrestling, but it's getting very tiresome to see something awesome teased and pushed for a little while and then just plain dropped. The Wyatts are one of the coolest things to happen in a long time and it's like WWE can't make up it's mind what to do with them. Here's hoping they simply see a story through on the midcard for a change, it'll go a long way.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Nov. 11th, '13, 5:03 am   #22
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I thought they only went back and forth 3 times at Wrestlemania lol... thus far I've been able to do 4 straight Rock bottom reversals on easy but it still isn't enough.

EDIT: NVM, apparently I was allowed to hit the AA without any reversals on the very next attempt. THAT was an ordeal.

Last edited by muscleyarms83; Nov. 11th, '13 at 5:08 am.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Nov. 11th, '13, 12:12 pm   #23
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

Lmao, yeah I agree on everything said.
They need to ween the crowd off of Cena or the storylines are going to remain pretty much the same.
I really do like Daniel Bryan though.
If you will it, dude... It is no dream. - Walter Sobchak
Old Nov. 12th, '13, 6:51 pm   #24
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I think eventually they need to force Cena to turn heel for the good of the company. The stars can't be bigger then the overall product. I'm so frustrated these days.

Old Nov. 12th, '13, 8:16 pm   #25
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

I think they're just hoping someone will just come along and take the "reign" from Cena, but they keep pushing him so hard, it's tough to do. I think certain superstars on the roster could definitely push him out. The thing is, I don't think Cena would make a good heel at all, without it being extremely gimmicky, and almost making a mockery out of it. But, he definitely needs to get knocked down so others can work for that spot.
Old Nov. 12th, '13, 9:35 pm   #26
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,769
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Cena also needs more than six moves.

#proudnewfie
Old Nov. 12th, '13, 9:48 pm   #27
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
Cena also needs more than six moves.
Rock has 7 and he was a great heel and champ in his day.

Old Nov. 12th, '13, 11:00 pm   #28
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

Rock was never an amazing wrestler, he was just on another level when he had a mic in his hand. He usually said some chessy stuff back in the day, and even now...but he has a great delivery.
Old Nov. 12th, '13, 11:28 pm   #29
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

Yup, there's definitely a reason he's had so much success acting in Hollywood.
Old Nov. 13th, '13, 5:24 pm   #30
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Well, the only way WWE stopped pushing Hogan was when he left the company. Not saying that's going to happen, it's the truth though.

I think he could make a very good heel. Or even a double swerve to get after the Authority would be more entertaining.

It's just hard for us old-timers to accept the face he isn't on the show for us.