Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > General Sports

Old Sep. 8th, '11, 7:14 pm   #1
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Default Fishing games

Ridiculous question, I know... but does anyone know of any half-decent fishing games for any system? I was looking at The Strike for 360 and it seemed like a cool idea, but given that fishing games really have never even ranked up to the fishing mini-game in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I've lost hope. Sega Bass Fishing is included on the Dreamcast classics collection that came out recently, but it's like 13 years old.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Sep. 8th, '11, 7:25 pm   #2
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

I can't help you unfortunately, but I played a fishing game with people over at GuG and it was a blast. We had tournaments and everything. It was just a ton of fun. Enough competition that it held interest but so casual. I can't remember the game though. I even bought the fishing rod Ended up not using it much.

I want to say it was one of Rapala's and I assume it was on the 360. Kind of old now but it was decent.
Old Sep. 8th, '11, 7:35 pm   #3
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba

If it had a fishing rod controller for 360 it must have been Bass Pro Shops: The Strike. I never tried it, but it got a lot of attention in the magazines for the attention they paid to the rod controller. Then again, I'm not sure if there were others with a controller for Xbox. It looked pretty cool, anyway.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Sep. 8th, '11, 7:44 pm   #4
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I always wanted a good fishing game for my iPhone. Seems like an ideal game to play when you have 5 minutes to play here and there. I haven't seen one that doesn't have poor reviews.

Edit: OMG, just noticed how ironic posting in this thread with this avatar and sig. Awesome.
Old Sep. 8th, '11, 7:58 pm   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Actually, I forgot the fishing tournament was originally at my old site that I ran. It then moved to GuG when my site fell through.

It was the original Xbox as well. So I can't help you. Still can't find the name of the game (I even searched GuG).
Old Sep. 8th, '11, 8:03 pm   #6
BONGKARMA
Compete,Respect,and Enjoy!

Sep 2008 2,100
NORTH CAROLINA U.S.A.
Send a message via MSN to BONGKARMA Send a message via AIM to BONGKARMA Send a message via ICQ to BONGKARMA Send a message via Skype™ to BONGKARMA Send a message via Yahoo to BONGKARMA