Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:09 pm   #1
allthway
Master
May 2014 475
Default Before we get started

Lets see what we have...

Teams listed in alphabetical order:

Its easy to say this is one of the more experienced teams here. Krim has built one of the more solid and balanced teams both through the draft and his retentions. Krim was able to build around himself here as he has an impress 4.04 points per game average in the league and his 17 season of experience will go a long way. He knows how to navigate a team to the playoffs and more. He alone has 5 Stanley Cups. He didn’t hold back in building his blue line either, he acquired KT, Spud, and Dynasty in the draft. These guys are so solid on the blue line they all offer an 80+ D rating over their career and you know they’ll be stingy on goals. If that weren’t bad enough for opposing offenses, he has a goaltender that has 4 Cups, 2 Harts, 4 Vezina’s, a Calder trophy and 8 all star appearances. His name is Habs and every season I play with him I always hear him say “have no fear Habs is here”. The team is rounded out by Rangersfan, Bouldercreek and That 1 Odd guy. They have arguably the best D in the league and plenty of fire power upfront for Krim to work with. The season hasn’t started but I’m sure you can pencil them into one of the four playoff spots up for grabs.

Again we have another team laced with veterans. I know Pierre as one of the guys no can say anything bad about, but don’t let his kind demeanor fool you. The second that puck drops he is out to draw blood both with his fist and his ability to find the back of the net. He has Dusty upfront who loves to pick corners, Soul who had a great season last year with 38 goals. With Pierre included these three scored over a 100 goals last season. D heavy again he has Kabbot, Blaklash, Tomkins and Laynher. Laynher is taking on a more defensive role this season so we will see how he adapts, those other three guys aren’t fun to try to get around while trying to enter the offensive zone. Blaklash and Kabbot both have cups and will definitely be looking to add to that this season. Huskies, BTW, and OTH bring a combined 38 season of experience to the locker room in Detroit and their influence on and off the ice could be a difference maker. This team is setup to be one of the two teams in the Cup final. The only question mark going into the season is how will BBB do in his quest to “make goalie great again”. He’s proven himself with his elbow on the blue line for years, but how will he handle his time between the pipes? Even though there are rumblings he wants to take the short trip out of Detroit to join his hometown Leafs. As I stated with Calgary, I think you can also rest assured you’ll see these guys playing past the regular season.

Florida is run by Banks, who in his first season of ownership managed to get on the doorstep of a Stanley Cup. Banks has been a menace in the face-off circle for years, he has also been hard to stop from collecting points. On either side of Banks you can expect to see Nik and Boss. These three have the advantage of playing together most of last season as part of the Cup run Florida made. Nik is wearing the A this season and deservedly so with his career 445 goals. Mr T is a new member of the Panthers this season, and his ability to play multiple positions is going to go along way during the season. I anticipate we will see XboxJon, ViolentMP, and Duckbutter carry the blue line. Duckbutter is a rookie to XBS but brings experience, I expect Banks to be pleasantly surprised with his play this season ( better be with the hefty salary for a rookie). Bassin between the pipes who has proven the last few season to be steady back there. The difference makers for the Panthers are going to be their three rookies. Duckbutter, Feenix, and Slavsky. I had the chance to play with two of these guys and they are impressive. Other teams went with experience but Banks is rolling the dice on fresh faces that will surprise a lot of people. Will all this talent on South Beach put them over the hump and hoisting a cup?

Nutty is a first time owner and has scouted all of his players thoroughly from my understanding. Lets start with who we know, Nexus, Drug, and Nutty on defense. Everyone has known for years Drug isn’t the guy you want to line up against . Nexus and Nutty have always been solid back there, their secret weapon though is their ability to play multiple positions. As we know in the long season having someone you can move around and still be comfortable with at any position is sometimes the difference. Slick is in the crease and coming off back to back Stanley Cup wins. Desired and Bench bring years of experience which will help as this team has landed a handful of rookies. Teddy, Rushpac, NYisles, and Linkrunner will make or break the season for Nashville. Drug sports an 84.2 D rating over his career and DC has 840 career points. Will it be enough to carry this young team through? Time will tell. Not to mention, this team has the reigning Calder winner with Walker. Also shout out to Walker for bringing these new guys in.

Can you say firepower? Chem, Zaunbie and Moose all are lethal with the puck on their stick. Not to mention the steal of Berks. Between Chem and Zaunbie alone they amassed 176 points last year, its going to be exciting to see what they can do together. NoRegretzkys is known for his ability in net, he has been a Vezina candidate consistently the last 5 season and is very stingy when it comes to letting the puck in. He has a strong defenseman in front of him with the reigning Norris winner (in only his second season) with Shockazulu. Rip brings several seasons of experience here too along with his shooting mentality. Ability is a rookie Regretzkys has picked up through a preseason trade, so we will see what he has in store for us as we move forward, perhaps he will be on the D helping out as this team has drafted a lot of offense. I found it curious he put most of his money in his forwards and not on the guys that will protect him in the net. He’s chasing that first Cup and feels this may be the way to go. I can say its not a bad strategy. I believe we will see Ottawa in the playoffs on offense alone.

I’ve taken a similar approach to Ottawa in drafting a potent offense. In Toronto’s draft room we slowly saw elite defenseman come off the board. We also saw the elite goaltenders come of the board. So what did we do? We said well if we can outscore them we should be ok. I guess with a first time owner I’ll either be right or quickly proven wrong. The management in Toronto has a lot of faith in our forwards. Spec, Lamp, Chronic and Rev. For the most part they are defensive minded forwards, who can put up huge numbers. Spec, Lamp and OSB all won the cup last year bringing the “know how” we were looking for. The bargain for a 50 goal scorer last year in Danzer also helps an already scary offense. Toronto is putting their faith in OSB, Case, Whip and Poyo to hold it down on the back end. The owner is stepping in goal not by choice this season, but because apparently he doesn’t know how to draft or does he? I’m anxious to find out when we kick things off.

With all of that said, XBS Media is still looking for the right fit for these post. I'm not good at it and I have my hands full with a lot of other things. Thanks for reading and good luck all teams moving forward!

Oh and sorry about the massive and inconsistent logos. Did the best I could.

Last edited by allthway; Mar. 12th, '17 at 1:51 pm.
Focus on winning too much
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:14 pm   #2
Revelations
You wanna hug it out?

Jun 2013 658
Pittsburgh, PA

I love it! Great job buddy. Good luck to all teams this season. It's gonna be a blast!
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:19 pm   #3
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,016
Windsor

Great job buddy. Looking forward to playing everyone this season. Best of luck.
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:38 pm   #4
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,841
Long Island, NY

Great job Russ. Thanks for doing this. And yes, to repeat what allthway said, we are still looking for someone to do the Three Stars and Power Rankings.
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:46 pm   #5
Walkertowsnrngr
Oct 2016 22
Wesley Chapel, FL

Again, no love...this time in the season preview. Wow this chip is getting big. Lol

Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:50 pm   #6
x AbiLiTy x
The Legendary SlapNootSki

Feb 2017 90
Indiana
Default Love it!

Awesome analysis. Stuff like this adds to the fun of the league. Well done.
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:51 pm   #7
allthway
Master
May 2014 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkertowsnrngr View Post
Again, no love...this time in the season preview. Wow this chip is getting big. Lol
Check again...
Focus on winning too much
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:53 pm   #8
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,841
Long Island, NY

"Not to mention, this team has the reigning Calder winner with Walker. Also shout out to Walker for bringing these new guys in."

This looks like a pretty solid shout out to me....lol
Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:56 pm   #9
Walkertowsnrngr
Oct 2016 22
Wesley Chapel, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
Check again...

Haha, thanks man!

Old Mar. 12th, '17, 1:57 pm   #10
Walkertowsnrngr
Oct 2016 22
Wesley Chapel, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
"Not to mention, this team has the reigning Calder winner with Walker. Also shout out to Walker for bringing these new guys in."

This looks like a pretty solid shout out to me....lol

This was added 5 min ago 😂😂