Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Feb. 11th, '17, 2:48 pm   #21
BTW8892
Administrator

May 2009 2,391
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berks View Post
Read and understood.

Are we confident no one will have any issues with a 10-0 game? I have been in this league for quite sometime, even here, I fear this will be a headache in the end.

Just thinking out load
The thinking behind this was that when the mercy rule was 6, teams would often put the brakes on once they hit 4 goals. As a result, it would completely ruin the flow of the game in the sense that they would go into a full on trap, with five guys sitting back.

By increasing the limit, it will allow the game to flow a little better and it wouldn't "end" per say, once a team hit 4-5 goals. On the flip side, it also gives the other team an opportunity to jump back into the game, without having to fight through the neutral zone. We definitely took the possibility of a 10-0 game into account, but we expect that people will still have a sense of sportsmanship and respect for one another.

Old Feb. 11th, '17, 3:22 pm   #22
Nutty Grandpa
Dec 2015 70
Canton, GA

Read and understood
Old Feb. 11th, '17, 3:31 pm   #23
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,844
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
The no shows thing seems necessary, but I would ask that you do please make sure you're not firing a guy for getting hospitalized and not posting or something really crazy like that.
No doubt Muscley. Things come up last minute and we all understand that. We just want owners and their players to have open communication with each other. Makes things run so much more smoothly.
Old Feb. 11th, '17, 3:34 pm   #24
Berks
_X_
Dec 2008 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
The thinking behind this was that when the mercy rule was 6, teams would often put the brakes on once they hit 4 goals. As a result, it would completely ruin the flow of the game in the sense that they would go into a full on trap, with five guys sitting back.

By increasing the limit, it will allow the game to flow a little better and it wouldn't "end" per say, once a team hit 4-5 goals. On the flip side, it also gives the other team an opportunity to jump back into the game, without having to fight through the neutral zone. We definitely took the possibility of a 10-0 game into account, but we expect that people will still have a sense of sportsmanship and respect for one another.
Thank you for the explanation, appreciate it.
Old Feb. 11th, '17, 4:04 pm   #25
KT
Jul 2008 5,111

Read and understood.
Old Feb. 11th, '17, 5:32 pm   #26
TheBossCwC
Jaromir Jagr

Sep 2011 540
London, ON

Read and understood

KCCO

Old Feb. 11th, '17, 9:10 pm   #27
HABS
Mar 2009 193
Sarnia, ON

Read and understood
Old Feb. 11th, '17, 9:50 pm   #28
Walkertowsnrngr
Oct 2016 24
Wesley Chapel, FL

I like the new rules. The one division thing makes the playoff matches a little better in my opinion. That way you're not playing a team that may have whooped you all season in the playoffs.

Old Feb. 15th, '17, 5:53 pm   #29
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,142
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Read and understood
Old Feb. 15th, '17, 7:11 pm   #30
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,411
Boston