Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Mar. 7th, '17, 6:54 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,841
Long Island, NY
Default XBSHL Season 18 Trade Tracker

Welcome to the official XBSHL Season 18 Trade Tracker.
Visit here to read about trades that have occurred in the league.

Note: Most recent trades are listed first

Trade #10:
Transaction Date: April 30th 2017, 1:26 am

To Blackzyuk ($6.5 million)
To Zaunbie ($7.0 million) & $250,000

Instant Analysis:
Coming soon...

Edge: Coming soon...
Coming soon...

Trade #9:
Transaction Date: April 29th 2017, 10:47 pm

To That 1 odd guy ($1.25 million)
To Poyodiablo ($1.0 million)

Instant Analysis:
Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Trade #8:
Transaction Date: April 29th 2017, 9:44 pm

To That 1 odd guy ($1.25 million)
To ViolentMP ($1.25 million) & $1.0 million

Instant Analysis:
Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Trade #7:
Transaction Date: April 23rd 2017, 4:11 pm

To kabbott50 ($5.0 million) & Linkrunner ($4.25 million)
To BassinStL ($7.5 million) & ViolentMP ($1.25 million)

Instant Analysis:
Well, well, well look who is on the move again, Kabbott. Could it be his outlandish $10 million contract demands? Regardless, Banks certainly knew what he was acquiring in Kabbott as they were together last season in Florida as well. Kabbott is having an excellent season thus far with a D-Rating of 90.0 and +/- of +6, while also sporting a 15 - 9 - 2 record (cough, cough, GameShark). Banks also brought over Linkrunner, and XBS rookie, who in 21 games played, has a very respectable 39 points, including 4 GWG. Obviously looking to add some depth at the goaltending position Nutty acquired Bassin, who is putting up career numbers in GAA and Save % here in Season 18. Nutty also must have felt a major physical presence was needed on the blueline, so Nashville also nabbed Violent in the trade. In his 21 games played this season, he has dished out a bruising 78 hits, which is currently 7th among all XBS defensemen.

Edge: Florida
Deciding factor for me to giving Florida the edge in this deal is the needs both teams filled. I'm not sure what acquiring Bassin does for the Predators who already have JD and Teddy playing outstanding in the pipes. Maybe it was done for availability issues but I'm not sure. Florida is battling for that last playoff spot and I think Kabbott and Linkrunner can help tremendously. My only question for Florida, is now that they have moved Bassin, is Lemieux ready to carry the load? Either way, I like the move Banks made here.

Trade #6:
Transaction Date: April 21st 2017, 3:58 pm

To slickeeeslick ($7.5 million) & spec0688 ($6.0 million)
To shockazulu ($7.0 million) & kdfsjljklgjfg ($7.0 million)

Instant Analysis:
Whoa, with this blockbuster, No Regretzkys obviously wasn't done wheeling and dealing after his previous trade. That old saying "you need to give something to get something" is definitely applicable here as NR moved two huge pieces of his roster in veterans Shock and Letters to get this deal done. But on the flip side, the return on this trade was no joke either as Ottawa acquired both spec and slickeee, veterans at XBS as well. I'm a bit surprised NR moved Shock who is coming off a season in which he was both an All-Star and Norris trophy recipient but he clearly needed to give up a major asset to get this deal done. With the return of spec and slickeee NR was clearly looking to add guys who have been there before and will certainly help in a playoff run. The forgotten man in all of this may be Letters but that would be a mistake to assume that. Letters can play any position, and play any of those quite effectively.

Edge: Ottawa
Of course this is open to debate but I'm leaning towards Ottawa in this deal. From a personal stand point I have always been a fan of the type of game spec plays. He knows where to be on the ice and always seems to be in the "right place at the right time". With slickeee, the Sens also add a ton of experience and a player that knows how to win in the playoffs as evidenced by his Season 17 XBS Championship as a member of the Blues. Don't get me wrong, Shock and Letters are nothing to laugh at either. I mentioned Shock's personal accolades earlier but Letters hardware case is definitely something to admire as he has 3 Cups with his name etched on it, a Hart Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, and Vezina Trophy. However, at this point in the season, considering where the teams are currently in the standings and their needs, I think Ottawa has made more of an impact with this deal.

Trade #5:
Transaction Date: April 21st 2017, 1:17 pm

To NYIsles1972 ($1.75 million)
To x AbiLiTy x ($1.0 million)

Instant Analysis:
With Ottawa battling for that last playoff spot, No Regretzkys felt the need to start the roster shakeup with this first deal. In NYIsles, Ottawa gets a rookie, yet somebody NR is very familiar with. During his 16 games played for both Nashville and Toronto NYIsles accumulated 9 goals, 13 assists, while dishing out 50 hits. Of those 16 games he played 9 of them at the Center slot so he definitely fills a need for the Senators at that position. Going to other way, to the Maple Leafs, is x AbiLiTy x, another XBS rookie and extremely versatile player. As a center, wing, and defenseman he has 23 points (8g, 15a) while adding 68 hits. And he also provides a steady physical presence for the Leafs, a presence that is not afraid to drop the gloves with any challenger.

Edge: Even
Viper is surely going to give me grief for this but both teams filled different needs in this deal. NR gets a true center and the Leafs obtain a great team guy who is willing to do whatever it takes for his team. Statistically speaking, NYIsles gets the edge, but not enough to lean this trade in Ottawa's favor. However, from a physical perspective, the deal leans in Toronto's favor. As I mentioned previously, both teams had their particular reasons for this deal and the next matchup between these two teams should certainly be an interesting one.

Trade #4:
Transaction Date: April 2nd 2017, 1:17 pm

To kabbott50 ($5.0 million)
To Nexus510 ($6.0 million) & $2.25 million cap space

Instant Analysis:
As far as I can tell, Detroit and Nashville completed this deal with different needs in mind. From Detroit's perspective it was an extremely tough move to make but when Nashville showed interest in Kabbott they felt it was a good move to make. On top of that, the Wings were having some availability issues, particularly on Monday's, and Nexus provided a little more flexibility in that regard. In Kabbott, the Predators are getting a player that will certainly help liven up the locker room and xbox live parties, while playing some solid defense as well. Statistically speaking, Kabbott gets the edge over Nexus thus far in the season. However with this move Nexus will be reunited with players he is very famliar with in BTW, Huskies, and Tompkins so I certainly expect an uptick in his statistics. What also cannot be ignored in this deal is the cap space that the Wings will open up which can be a very valuable asset.

Another tough call here for me. Looking strictly at the motives for this trade, it's a move that makes sense for both teams and they each had different reasons for doing it. If we look solely at the statistics, Kabbott has the edge. I also know from experience the kind of positive vibe that Kabbott can bring to a team and that isn't something that can be overlooked. However, as I'm trying to be as objective as possible, Detroit has some extremely positive intangibles as well, specifically, (1) the extra cap space they acquired and (2) Nexus' instant chemistry with some players on Detroit. If Detroit can use that extra cap space to their advantage in the coming weeks, you might convince me to give the edge to the Wings, but as it stands now, it's even.

Trade #3:
Transaction Date: March 29th 2017, 3:37 pm

To DrugmonkeyRX ($9.5 million) & $3.0 million cap space
To spec0688 ($6.0 million)

Trade #2:
Transaction Date: March 29th 2017, 3:40 pm

To NYIsles1972 ($1.75 million)
To caseobeerz ($1.0 million) & $2.0 million cap space

Instant Analysis:
I love these trades for both teams. Nashville was struggling to put the puck in the net and Toronto was loaded with high scoring forwards and they both addressed the needs of their teams in these deals. In spec, Nashville acquires one of the most prolific scorers here at XBS. I won't go into his impressive career statistics but as per usual, he is once again in the top 10 scorers after 2 weeks and will certainly help to jumpstart the Predators offense. By also adding caseobeerz, the Preds have a player that is extremely versatile and can play extremely well anywhere on the ice.

By adding Drug, Toronto no doubt acquired a top defenseman at XBS. A guy who brings his hard hat and lunch pail to work every night and works his butt off to keep up with the young guns; something he does very effectively. With allthway's wealth of forwards and lack of a real solid defensive presence adding Drug was a no brainer and a smart one to boot. Toronto also made an under the radar move by acquiring rookie NYIsles1972 who from all acounts has a very high hockey IQ and could certainly help out the Leafs.

My even projection is certainly not a cop out as each team exchanged a top player at XBS to address a particular need. Both owners also made shrewd moves to add secondary players in the deal that can be positive contributors to their new teams. Kudos to both owners for making this trade happen and good luck to all players on their new teams.

Trade #1:
Transaction Date: March 7th 2017, 6:36 pm

To x AbiLiTy x ($1.0 million)
To rangers9494fan ($2.5 million) & $1.5 million cap space

Instant Analysis:
Honestly, I'm very surprised we have a trade completed already in the preseason, but it's obvious both owners were comfortable making this deal. Ottawa had a boat load of forwards up front, including rangers9494fan and was looking to add a utility player in Ability who can fill in anywhere on the Senators roster. Rangers9494fan was looking for a full time offensive position and Krim will give him the opportunity up front in the Calgary line up.

It will be interesting to see how this trade pans out as we proceed through this season. However, with Ability being a rookie and rangersfan9494 returning after a long absence I honestly have no idea who wins in this deal. Come ask me in a few weeks...lol

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Apr. 30th, '17 at 7:37 pm.
Old Mar. 7th, '17, 8:49 pm   #2
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,411
Boston

Aaaand we have our first trade of the season! Thanks for the announcement Dusty. Time will tell how this one plays out.
Old Mar. 29th, '17, 6:11 pm   #3
BTW8892
Administrator

May 2009 2,391
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Updated as of 3/29/17 with Dusty's analysis of the two recent trades. Sorry for the confusion on everything.

Old Mar. 29th, '17, 6:13 pm   #4
allthway
Master
May 2014 475

Whoever is reading this, you have no idea what these admins are doing behind the scene and how much they contribute.

Thanks guys for talking me through my first trade as an owner.
Focus on winning too much
Old Mar. 29th, '17, 7:32 pm   #5
NYIsles1972
Feb 2017 13
Long Island, NY

Happy to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs Organization! Thanks for the good times in Nashville Nutty
Old Mar. 29th, '17, 7:35 pm   #6
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,079
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

I had a fun stay in Nashville a lot of great guys on that squad...thanks for having me.

I'm also looking forward and ready to go to war with the boys on Toronto!

Old Mar. 29th, '17, 8:18 pm   #7
Nutty Grandpa
Dec 2015 70
Canton, GA

That was not an easy trade... But as was stated I think a needed trade from both clubs perspectives. Thanks to Alltheway for all the work in getting the particulars together and the 2 weeks of talks. Good luck.
Old Mar. 30th, '17, 10:44 am   #8
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,420
In my glove

Good stuff guys! This move should benefit both teams greatly.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Mar. 30th, '17, 11:05 am   #9
allthway
Master
May 2014 475

Yeah, for sure Nutty. Was a long process but I don't think there are any losers. Hated to part with those pieces but have to look big picture.
Focus on winning too much
Old Apr. 2nd, '17, 4:46 pm   #10
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,841
Long Island, NY

Updated: 04/02/2017