Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > PC

Old Dec. 13th, '13, 4:10 pm   #1
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston
Default XBox 360 Controller for PC

I just picked this up as a part of a PC build/project, and wanted to give it a quick separate shout out here because it has installed and tested flawlessly on my current PC, to the point where I'm wondering why on earth I didn't do this sooner.

I plugged the USB radio frequency (RF) receiver into an open USB slot. Windows did not automatically find and install the driver, so I used the disc that came with the controller. A quick reboot after installation and the message says I'm good to go.

I fire up Steam, go into full screen mode (a la XBox Live or PSN), and fire up Skyrim. Everything works as it should. Exit the game, look at LA Noire and Black Flag waiting in the Library, and I come in here to make a quick post before I dive into some game time.

If you're into PC gaming and have not yet considered/added a 360 controller to your setup, know that it works with Steam (and XBMC as well).

Old Dec. 13th, '13, 4:10 pm   #2
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

And yes, I realize that most PC gamers have likely already figured this out, and I'm just incredibly late to the party.

Old Dec. 13th, '13, 4:32 pm   #3
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

Yea, a tad late to the party, thats for sure.

I always switch one of my controller to my PC when I play some games that are better with a controller. I didn't have any trouble installing my controller, always just plug and play, which is awesome.
Old Dec. 13th, '13, 4:38 pm   #4
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

There are times I truly cannot see the forest through the trees man, so a nice piece of humble pie there (good to have on the regular).

Old Dec. 13th, '13, 5:08 pm   #5
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I use my PS3 controller for my Mac only because I didn't need to buy any extra hardware. I wanted the 360 controller but you can't just buy the receivers here, you have to also buy their controller that is bundled in the pack for like $80.
Old Dec. 13th, '13, 5:17 pm   #6
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

I don't PC game but I was wanting to try something. Fortunately I'm a USB guy so I just plugged my wired controller in and boom, it loaded up. Too bad my ancient computer couldn't run a game. I forget now why I even hooked it up. I had a reason.

*EDIT* OH, it was for the Defiance Beta.