Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Basketball

Old Jun. 13th, '11, 7:34 pm   #11
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,112
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Im definitely happy.. I mean Ive been pretty ticked off lately because of the constant storyline of Lebron and Wade.. instead of Dallas kicking butt..

I mean for what its worth.. They swept the Fav. Lakers.. and beat the Big bad heat.. the story line is still Lebron's great failure..lol..

But on topic... Bosh actually played a Great game last night.. but that's it.. just last night.. I would trade Bosh as well.. He's really not all that good.. Kinda surprise of all the hype his addition has cause this season ...

You know the one guy that I actually liked on the heat was Mario Chalmers. He was really clutch on a few shots during the finals.. But It looked to me that James and Wade both talked down to the kid .. Even in Game 6.. He actually was pressing to create a shot unlike the Big 3...

After a few weeks i think we're going to hear alot of Lebron Apologist that will say it was only their first year ..

Boston didnt have to wait 2 years to get their championship after the big trade..

A good long summer with the addition of probably some anxiety over the labor discussion should be quite nice for James.. and some Cavs fans. lol

Old Jun. 13th, '11, 7:53 pm   #12
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

I am another happy person to see them lose!! Congrats to the mavs. Dirk and Kidd are well deserving

Old Jun. 14th, '11, 3:02 am   #13
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

http://ca.deadspin.com/5811450/ohios...ng-down-lebron

Old Jun. 14th, '11, 8:37 am   #14
KT
Jul 2008 5,228
Vancouver, B.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
Is that for real?

Old Jun. 14th, '11, 9:23 am   #15
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,112
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

if that is from the Governor of OHio it is.. Making the mavericks honorary ohioians..lol..

Quote:
Gilbert wasn't the only one stung by James' decision. John Kasich, governor in James' home state of Ohio, issued a resolution Monday praising the Mavericks.

Without naming James, Kasich's resolution commends the Mavericks for their "loyalty, integrity and teamwork." He also makes them honorary Ohioans.

The resolution singles out MVP Dirk Nowitzki for choosing to re-sign with the Mavericks and forego free agency in the summer of 2010, "thus remaining loyal to the team, city and fans for whom he played his entire career." James made an opposite choice by departing the Cavaliers for Miami when he became a free agent.

The resolution says "the proud city of Cleveland and the entire state of Ohio share in the excitement of Dallas Mavericks fans everywhere."
here's the espn link to their article where the quote was taken fun.. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=6655486

Old Jun. 14th, '11, 9:24 am   #16
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Today is not Flag Day in America....its National Lebron James Day! Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early! Woo Hoo!!!

Old Jun. 14th, '11, 1:48 pm   #17
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland...es---series-2/

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland...ron-james-mvp/

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland.../lebron-james/

The owner of the Cavaliers also owns Fathead, the company that makes large wall decals of athletes. When LeBrron blew Cleveland off, the owner put the inventory of LeBron in a Cavaliers uniform on sale....instead of the normal $99.99, the price was $17.41.....the year Benedict Arnold was born.

Old Jun. 14th, '11, 2:01 pm   #18
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

It sucks that LeBron left the way he did but at least Cleveland isn't bitter about it.
Old Jun. 14th, '11, 2:08 pm   #19
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

The infamous decision actually helped LeBron's image according to jersey sales. Assuming people aren't buying $100 jerseys to set on fire.

Here is the complete list of top 15 sellers from the start of the 2010-2011 season, based on sales on NBAStore.com :

1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
4. Amar'e Stoudemire, New York Knicks
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
7. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
8. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
9. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
10. John Wall, Washington Wizards
11. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
12. Shaquille O'Neal, Boston Celtics
13. Ray Allen, Boston Celtics
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics

Here's a look at the 2009-2010 season:

1. Kobe Bryant - Lakers
2. LeBron James - Cavaliers
3. Dwight Howard- Magic
4. Derrick Rose - Bulls
5. Dwyane Wade - Heat
6. Kevin Garnett - Celtics

As an aside: How is Melo so low on this list? It's from mid April so maybe not enough time has passed but there was a ton of hype about that one and a lot of enthusiastic Knick fans.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Jun. 14th, '11 at 2:10 pm.
Old Jun. 17th, '11, 10:02 pm   #20
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Lebron James: The New Decision Sports">
Lebron James: The New Decision - Watch more Sports