Vinny Lecavalier bought out welcome to MTL lol
Old Jun. 27th, '13, 12:14 pm   #12
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,664
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
You want Phaneuf? are you crazy? Thanks but no thanks. We dont need another D we have some ready to come up and step in. If we get him and when he messes up, I wont let you live it down lol
Hahah, I know Phaneuf has some problems and is ragged on too, but I just think we need more D-man like him, big body, tough, hard hitting, won't stray from protecting his teammates, or scrums.
It's not Dan's system though. Dan's system is to have a bunch of small guys like our prospects (which I think they'll be really good anyways) that skate up and down at full speed and at times shy from contact.
Shero needs to shake the roster up it's essentially the same team that's failed 3 years in a row, something needs done, and since he's sticking by Bylsma (wrong choice, but given the coaches to replace him I could see how he may just be waiting.) they'll have to settle for roster guys.
I think Letang is done, especially since we just signed Kunitz, we got to sign Dupuis, and then I think the rest can be FA acquisitions, or trades.

Old Jun. 27th, '13, 12:25 pm   #13
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

I don't think that deal will be done anyway....reason, Phaneuf's cap hit is 6.5 mil next season and I doubt Pitt wants that right now.

Old Jun. 27th, '13, 12:28 pm   #14
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,664
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I don't think that deal will be done anyway....reason, Phaneuf's cap hit is 6.5 mil next season and I doubt Pitt wants that right now.
Oh yeah definitely, can't do that unless its a crazy package deal - which I doubt too..
I just want the draft to roll around, I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged Fleury/Letang, or even just traded Fleury to a different team (I'm really just hoping at this point ) but we need some fresh faces for sure, I'm just excited to see what return we can get for Letang.

Old Jun. 27th, '13, 2:59 pm   #15
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade916 View Post
Oh yeah definitely, can't do that unless its a crazy package deal - which I doubt too..
I just want the draft to roll around, I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged Fleury/Letang, or even just traded Fleury to a different team (I'm really just hoping at this point ) but we need some fresh faces for sure, I'm just excited to see what return we can get for Letang.
Dont get too excited, remember what we got for Jagr?

btw this past week at my ice hockey game some of the guys were talking about players and salaries etc at the other end of the dressing room. It wasn't till afterwards that I found out and verified that 3 of the guys work for a hockey agency and one of them is an agent for quite a few players. I wish I had listened harder but one thing I remember is one of guys said an unnamed but reputable NHL player said that in his opinion Komisarek was the worst player in the NHL LOL

Last edited by SkatingPenguin; Jun. 27th, '13 at 3:09 pm.
Old Jun. 27th, '13, 4:32 pm   #16
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,664
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
Dont get too excited, remember what we got for Jagr?
Oh no don't remind me! I still have depressing flashbacks, and still can't be near a Beech

Old Jun. 27th, '13, 6:20 pm   #17
BTW8892

May 2009 2,419
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Looks like we have one our first trades.

Quote:
@JSportsnet
Flames announce trade of Tanguay and Sarich to Colorado for Shane O'Brien and David Jones.
Old Jun. 27th, '13, 6:22 pm   #18
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Seems like a damn fine deal for Calgary.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 27th, '13, 6:35 pm   #19
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,664
Pittsburgh, PA

Wow, I really like David Jones, solid underrated player.

Old Jun. 27th, '13, 8:21 pm   #20
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

I'm really happy to see Tanguay back in an Av's uni. Great trade for both teams. I imagine this means trade for Sarich instead of drafting Seth Jones.