Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Aug. 5th, '14, 8:32 am   #11
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Winkle View Post
What a complete fucking disgrace by both of these fighters.....total insult to the martial arts. I'll now be passing on watching this fight.

Peace
I agree it's disgraceful to martial arts, though I also understand that the UFC is a business first and foremost. I was going to watch this fight anyway; now there's some added drama. I appreciate the additional intensity, though I do think they went a bit too far. I did love the DC shoe toss at the end, great camera work there.

Old Aug. 8th, '14, 9:06 pm   #12
KT
Jul 2008 5,200
Vancouver, B.C

More shots fired. I can't embed the video but it's on the following page:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/8/...ge-before-espn

Old Aug. 9th, '14, 12:29 pm   #13
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,611
Canada

Man...I have no idea what is going on here with these cats....

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Aug. 12th, '14, 10:06 pm   #14
KT
Jul 2008 5,200
Vancouver, B.C

Jones suffered an injury in training and the fight has been moved to Jan 3rd....

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/12...moved-to-jan-3

Old Aug. 13th, '14, 3:05 am   #15
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

I think it's ridiculous that DC still gets to fight Jone. If Gustafsson will be healthy by January, the fight should go to him, as originally intended. Put DC in a contender eliminator.
Old Aug. 13th, '14, 10:02 am   #16
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

That's a tough situation for both Gus and DC. Gus obviously wasn't healthy enough to go, and DC is on record as stating that he took the fight knowing he himself has a knee injury (though some of that may also be some bravado). At the end of the day I think both Gus and DC are deserving of the fight, and if anything this feud between Bones and DC has cemented the latter as the next title challenger. It's still a business, and regardless of talent in the octagon, the UFC is always going to go with the bigger meal ticket. It might make sense to have an eliminator fight between Gus and DC if Bones can't get healthy, though I imagine UFC brass would rather get two title fights out of this, rather than one.

We'll have to wait a bit longer, and hopefully we'll still see some good fights come out of this. I've gotten to the point where, regardless of his immense talent, I'm looking forward to someone shutting Jones the fuck up and feeding him some humble pie.