Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Jul. 7th, '16, 1:48 pm   #11
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,233
Toronto

The good news is it wasn't cocaine this time, it was just a PED

Just another reason why I gave up on this sport years ago. It's a joke and not worth a cent of my money. No wonder they are trying to sell off the company. They know their best days are WAY behind them.

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Jul. 7th, '16 at 1:58 pm.

Old Jul. 7th, '16, 1:56 pm   #12
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

Not purchasing the PPV either. What a massive loss for the UFC, it's not looking good for Jones. It could be upwards of a 2 year suspension. He supposedly took a tainted substance but I don't know if I buy that excuse.. it just seems too convenient at this point, given his past issues. I can't help but think of how many of these guys are actually using PEDs.

It's a huge disappointment as a fight fan and someone that has supported the UFC for a long time. I know having drug tests is crucial for any sport trying to become mainstream... but DAMN. The UFC has lost so many big fights now due to fighters testing positive towards banned substances. And now this fight

If in fact JJ is suspended for 2 years I wouldn't be surprised if he's done as a UFC fighter. He's had so many chances, I just wonder if this is the last straw. Hate to say it but he could have been the best ever, the only guy that could beat him was himself.

Old Jul. 21st, '16, 11:04 am   #13
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,715
Boston

It's come to light, that late replacement Brock Lesnar has also failed his initial drug test, as well as a test of the backup sample. The UFC gave Lesnar an extenuating circumstances exception, allowed by the doping agency, but he's failed repeated tests. He's likely to be suspended for an extended period, but he made his money at UFC 200.

It's gotten to the point where fighters are calling on the UFC to test their opponents prior to a fight. Part of it is trash talk, but a part of it I imagine is legitimate concern when putting your own ass on the line against someone who's juicing / cheating. Losing a race to a juicer is one thing. Having the shit beat out of you by a juicer is something entirely different.

I still enjoy watching certain fights and fighters, but like some of you have said here, any credibility of integrity the UFC may have had at one point has gone out the window - they clearly don't care that their fighters are juicing, and they clearly don't care that they're putting people at risk unnecessarily.

Also, Dana White was a keynote speaker at the RNC this week in support of Trump.

Old Jul. 22nd, '16, 2:28 pm   #14
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,233
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
It's come to light, that late replacement Brock Lesnar has also failed his initial drug test, as well as a test of the backup sample. The UFC gave Lesnar an extenuating circumstances exception, allowed by the doping agency, but he's failed repeated tests. He's likely to be suspended for an extended period, but he made his money at UFC 200.

It's gotten to the point where fighters are calling on the UFC to test their opponents prior to a fight. Part of it is trash talk, but a part of it I imagine is legitimate concern when putting your own ass on the line against someone who's juicing / cheating. Losing a race to a juicer is one thing. Having the shit beat out of you by a juicer is something entirely different.

I still enjoy watching certain fights and fighters, but like some of you have said here, any credibility of integrity the UFC may have had at one point has gone out the window - they clearly don't care that their fighters are juicing, and they clearly don't care that they're putting people at risk unnecessarily.

Also, Dana White was a keynote speaker at the RNC this week in support of Trump.
Well, I heard they just sold the UFC for 4 billion, so maybe the new owners will turn things around. Doubt it though. The whole Lesnar thing was just about the money for him and salvaging this last card before the sale went though. You won't see Lesnar in the ring ever again.