Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 1:10 pm   #1
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,716
Boston
UFC Nick Diaz ends retirement, signs with UFC

As I had hoped and many had speculated, Nick Diaz is coming out of retirement via a new contract with the UFC. Like him or not, it's hard to deny that he puts on incredibly exciting fights. There is a video with this brief article, and it's all Diaz with some candid insight into his time away, the reason he loves to fight, and what goes through his mind when he steps into the octagon to fight.

I'm glad he's back.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/video-u...anderson-silva

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 2:29 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto

I don't think he'll last that long. Maybe a couple fights.

I see it happening like this......his first fight will be an easy one for him to win with his opponent either being a "has been" or some other stepping stone.

Then he'll probably be given a title fight after that (knowing how Dana works) and Hendricks will knock Diaz out back into retirement.

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 3:54 pm   #3
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

I don't know if they can risk putting him against anyone other than Anderson. He'll probably lose to any top fighter. It would be smart to wait for Anderson to get healthy. There's a lot of money riding on that fight and it would be a massive superbowl weekend kinda fight

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 7:05 pm   #4
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

It's official, Diaz and Anderson superbowl weekend!!!

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 8:09 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT View Post
It's official, Diaz and Anderson superbowl weekend!!!
correcting myself, its a one and done contract. Diaz will retire after Silva takes him out. He must need the money.

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 9:13 pm   #6
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

Can't help but think Nate needs the money too, kinda hoping he signs a new deal soon. Even though he's not quite the "superstar" that Nick is, a lot of people still want to see him fight.. myself included.

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 9:23 pm   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto

I just hope it's an entertaining fight.

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 10:48 pm   #8
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,716
Boston

This fight, if both guys stay healthy, will be the most hyped fight in recent memory. If both guys are healthy, then rightfully so. It has the potential to be a super fight as well as a super dud.

Old Jul. 29th, '14, 11:06 pm   #9
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

I can't see Diaz winning. It's a horrible match-up for him stylistically. He's not a wrestler or a power puncher. I think Silva will have a field day and pick him apart. Not sure who I'm rooting for, but it's nice nice to have a big fight that everyone will care about. Two of some of the most popular fighters in MMA history going at it, can't ask for much more than that. I can already imagine Silva fighting with his hands down while Diaz is giving him the middle finger

The hype will be ridiculous I'm sure OSB. I wonder if a fight like this will take place in a football stadium with 50,000+ fans if they sell it well enough.. of course it wouldn't hurt to have a few more big fights on the card as well.

Old Jul. 30th, '14, 6:43 am   #10
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Not looking forward to this fight at all. Diaz wins, "Oh, who cares, he beat an out of his prime Anderson". Diaz loses, "ANDERSON'S BACK! But is he really? He beat a washed up Nick Diaz!".

This will be Nick's last big time fight, so I hope the payoff is large, because his name recognition takes a big hit one way or another.