XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
Search Forums:
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Baseball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 9:43 am   #1
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN
 
nosice's Avatar
Jul 2008 3,105
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice
Offline
Default Barry Bonds Photoshopped or Roid Free?

Looking at the after picture Im thinking photoshopped if not..then he was definitely doing steroids..LOL..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...2336--mlb.html

BEFORE:

AFTER:



Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 9:54 am   #2
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club
 
Tony Amonte's Avatar
Jul 2008 7,050
Not in Kamloops
Send a message via MSN to Tony Amonte
Offline
Default

I don't think it's photo shopped ( I'm talking about the first pic) All you have to do is get a pic of his rookie card, then when he was a Giant (no pun intended). CLEARLY he was using. His head grew in his late 20's early 30's....that doesn't just happen. Head's dont just grow like that....not to mention his obvious body mass.

Would you guys still vote him in the hall? I know I would. I think he was the best player I got to see play the game in my time. I know he did the roids...but so did everyone else.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 10:16 am   #3
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN
 
nosice's Avatar
Jul 2008 3,105
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
Would you guys still vote him in the hall? I know I would. I think he was the best player I got to see play the game in my time. I know he did the roids...but so did everyone else.
Ive tossed this over and my mind a dozen times, especially after Reggie Jackson talked about not letting Alex Rodriguez in because he had admitted steroid use...

I think the history and integrity of the game is very important.... But I can not see throwing away a very profitable time in MLB history ... do i think there needs to be an asterisks? I don't think so.. It's just hard for me to look at baseball during that time period and wonder WHO WAS NOT USING STEROIDS..

What I thought was interesting was during that time period Batting statistics and slugging pct. were at a all time high... Now we are getting more no hitters and perfect games than before..lol. (happening more frequently)..

I think you have to vote these guys in because of what they did for the game during that time period..

Palmiero, Mcgwire, bonds, Sosa.. Rodriguez..



Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 10:28 am   #4
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club
 
Tony Amonte's Avatar
Jul 2008 7,050
Not in Kamloops
Send a message via MSN to Tony Amonte
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosice View Post
Ive tossed this over and my mind a dozen times, especially after Reggie Jackson talked about not letting Alex Rodriguez in because he had admitted steroid use...

I think the history and integrity of the game is very important.... But I can not see throwing away a very profitable time in MLB history ... do i think there needs to be an asterisks? I don't think so.. It's just hard for me to look at baseball during that time period and wonder WHO WAS NOT USING STEROIDS..

What I thought was interesting was during that time period Batting statistics and slugging pct. were at a all time high... Now we are getting more no hitters and perfect games than before..lol. (happening more frequently)..

I think you have to vote these guys in because of what they did for the game during that time period..

Palmiero, Mcgwire, bonds, Sosa.. Rodriguez..
Agreed...I always thought Roger Clemens was one of the greatest I ever saw pitch (He or Pedro Martinez) You saw what happened to Pedro. He was 5 foot nothing...140 pounds soaking wet, and his body broke down after about 7 to 8 DOMINANT seasons...whereas Roger pitched till he was 44 and damn effectively I may add. Again...look at Clemens frame from the eighties...then when he Joined Toronto/NYY

I'd vote for him too.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 11:07 am   #5
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN
 
nosice's Avatar
Jul 2008 3,105
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
Agreed...I always thought Roger Clemens was one of the greatest I ever saw pitch (He or Pedro Martinez) You saw what happened to Pedro. He was 5 foot nothing...140 pounds soaking wet, and his body broke down after about 7 to 8 DOMINANT seasons...whereas Roger pitched till he was 44 and damn effectively I may add. Again...look at Clemens frame from the eighties...then when he Joined Toronto/NYY

I'd vote for him too.
yeah I think clear evidence of use is when you're defying the aging process..lol..

I guess there are guys that you can honest say yeah they did.. clemens bonds and mcgwire were string beans and then they bulked up... and freaky..lol

Palmiero did not look like that... He was a guy I liked to watch play because he had an awesome swing. .. Same with Griffey jr... their swing look so effortless.. Nelson Cruz right now reminds me of these guys.. he's belting out 400 ft homers to the opposite field nightly...lol.

I think you got to let them in and just let history decide what to do with them...



Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 11:15 am   #6
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club
 
Tony Amonte's Avatar
Jul 2008 7,050
Not in Kamloops
Send a message via MSN to Tony Amonte
Offline
Default

Can you honestly say you saw a more feared hitter than Barry?? I want to pull up some of his old stats....I remember the year he had something in the neighborhood of 380 at bats.....because he walked over 300 times (something like that) and STILL clubbed over 50 and drove in a million runs etc...It was an event when he was at the plate. i remember Giants fans with their rubber chickens (basically calling out the opposition for not pitching to him).

Just like Pedro. When he was on the hill, you watched every second he was out there in amazement. The 99 All star game when he blew through the first 6 NL all stars striking out 5 I will never forget. Made Sosa look like a lost puppy dog .

Some of my favorite players came from that era and I just can't throw it all away. A-Rod is a first ballot in my eyes as well, even though I don;t like him. No denying his talent.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 11:32 am   #7
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN
 
nosice's Avatar
Jul 2008 3,105
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice
Offline
Default

Agreed... See I didn't like Bonds because of the suspected steroid use.. and his off field demeanor... With retrospect You know the guy was feeling the hate.. and still got the job done..

Hated to see the home run record fall to him... But it is what it is... you're right tough his On base pct was ridiculous...

My heroes were the bash brothers Canseco and McGwire .. I had a Canseco Shirt that I wore ALOT...I use to have memorabilia pack of his 40/40 year.. that had a square vinyl record to go with it.. (I think I still have it)... Telling about his 40/40 season..lol. His Towering home run in the playoffs against Toronto was a huge highlight of mine..

And basically when all this came out of steroid use.. I said for then on out I would only be a fan of the team not a player... ( Modano was the only player since then that i was fan of... ) Just safer that way...

I really think though there is a big push to keep these guys out from old players but it wont last IMO..

ADDED: Canseco not a hall of famer just for the record..lol..



Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 11:49 am   #8
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club
 
Tony Amonte's Avatar
Jul 2008 7,050
Not in Kamloops
Send a message via MSN to Tony Amonte
Offline
Default

2004....

373 AB 45 HR's 101 RBI.......232 WALKS .362ave
Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 12:15 pm   #9
OSB
Maximum effort!
 
OSB's Avatar
Jun 2008 13,714
Boston
Offline
Default

Yes that's him, and yes I'd vote him in.



Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 27th, '12, 12:23 pm   #10
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut
 
BleedBlueBlood's Avatar
Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto
Offline
Default

The funny thing (well, maybe not) is I have many rookie cards of all these guys. Bonds, Conseco & McGwire (who was my all time fav player growing up, so I have quite a few of his cards). Shame the value of these won't be what they should be I remember being in my 20's thinking, if and when these guys get into the HOF, I'm cashing in



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Site Styles
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 am.
Contact Us - XBox-Sports - Archive - Top
Menu Links