Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Jul. 30th, '08, 2:08 pm   #1
Bartsy
Banned
Jun 2008 1,070
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Bartsy Send a message via Yahoo to Bartsy
Default Counter Strike on XBLA?

n an interview with OXM, Valve's marketing man Doug Lombardi has said that bringing older games to Xbox Live Arcade (like Counter-Strike) is something the developer would "certainly consider".

Portal: Still Alive will be Valve's first entry into the Xbox Live Arcade scene. The Combine-less portion of The Orange Box is being released on Xbox Live for those who didn't fancy playing some of the best games ever made.

"It's designed to give Xbox 360 gamers the chance to get Portal, for those who didn't want to go through the Orange Box. It's Portal, the game we all played and loved last year, plus 10-20 new challenges that you'll unlock," explained Lombardi adding that the extra challenges will be "exclusive to Xbox 360 in 2008".

Read more here

It would be unreal if this game came to the XBLA collection. One of my favourite pc games.
[URL=http://img3.imageshack.us/i/skatersig.jpg/][IMG]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4426/skatersig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Old Jul. 30th, '08, 2:17 pm   #2
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

But wouldn't it just be the same game that was released for the original Xbox. That game didn't get that great of ratings. From what I remember, it was great on PC (never played it) because of all the user modifications/maps. But the Xbox version was seriously lacking according to fans of the game.

I could be wrong, but by "bringing older games to Xbox Live Arcade" I assume that means just bringing the original XBox game over to the 360.
Old Jul. 30th, '08, 2:19 pm   #3
Bartsy
Banned
Jun 2008 1,070
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Bartsy Send a message via Yahoo to Bartsy

I had it on the original Xbox, I liked it a lot. It was either you hated it or loved it.

Last edited by Bartsy; Jul. 30th, '08 at 2:27 pm.
[URL=http://img3.imageshack.us/i/skatersig.jpg/][IMG]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4426/skatersig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Old Jul. 30th, '08, 2:22 pm   #4
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

my absolute favorite game of all time right there.. id get this in a heartbeat

Old Jul. 30th, '08, 2:35 pm   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlett89 View Post
I had it on the original Xbox, I liked it a lot. It was either you hated it or loved it.
Gotcha Like I said, I never played either so I couldn't say. I just knew a lot of the people that played it on PC didn't like the XBox version.

Regardless, I still like that they are doing this. I played Portal and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. Matter of fact, I rented "The Orange Box" and I only played Portal because that was all I was interested in playing. Now, since I wanted my brother to play it but didn't want to waste my rental on him, he might be able to download it fairly cheap. I think it's a very smart move on their part. The more people that get the Portal song stuck in their head, the better it is for Jonathan Coulton (who I was listening to a few years before this made him really known)
Old Jul. 30th, '08, 2:41 pm   #6
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,110
Toronto

I had Counterstrike for the original xbox, but really wasn't a fan of it. Rainbow Six was way better IMO.

My fav PC game used to be Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I spent countless hours playing multiplayer online.

Old Jul. 30th, '08, 6:31 pm   #7
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I loved Counterstrike on the PC, thought it was also lacking on the Xbox. Then again mods like Day of Defeat were awesome as well. There was just something unique about the PC experience with that game.

Old Jul. 30th, '08, 6:55 pm   #8
Bingo King
Jun 2008 149
Wisconsin
Send a message via MSN to Bingo King

yea loved it or hated it pretty much...i played it and thought it was meh. not good not bad but defintely worth a trial.
Old Jul. 30th, '08, 7:01 pm   #9
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Rainbow Six owned CS on Xbox.

I used to play CS on pc like mad , I was excited when it came to Xbox... then played it and dumped it right quick.

Old Jul. 30th, '08, 7:03 pm   #10
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Gotcha Like I said, I never played either so I couldn't say. I just knew a lot of the people that played it on PC didn't like the XBox version.
Im definitely in that group. I LOVED that game on the PC but the xbox version didnt hold my interest at all.