Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Nov. 10th, '08, 6:27 pm   #1
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,095
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice
Default (SPOILER ALERT) Did you find...?

For the most part I think people look at games and hold them to higher level than what they should be held to.. To me, and this is only my opinion .. Games like GTA, Gears and other Shooters and such dont at anytime make me think about Drop the hammer on my little 99 Altima and runover a homeless guy.. Or aimlessly fire a weapon of any sort at someone.. The worse censorship Ive see was The old bugs Bunny cartoons.. Just good entertainment.. and some parent forgot to tell their Child its fake..lol. Some things are just plain Common sense and not ever child should be left to figure out what is what..

But saying all that leads me to the part in Gears 2, where you find that the Locust are taking prisoners and Tia is rescued, he Comes out of his cell.. they throw him a Shotgun and the first thing he does is blow his brains out.. I know its M rated.. I know its just a game.. But for some reason that gave me that sick feeling in my stomach and I just put the game down for alittle bit..

Just wondered what anybody else thought about that moment..
Old Nov. 10th, '08, 6:38 pm   #2
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

i thought it was great. it really showed just how nasty the locust are, "Tai was unbreakable". wait until you get closer to the end....now that scene was seriously F'd up.
Old Nov. 10th, '08, 6:50 pm   #3
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 2,925
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow elk View Post
i thought it was great. it really showed just how nasty the locust are, "Tai was unbreakable". wait until you get closer to the end....now that scene was seriously F'd up.
Agreed.

This stuff doesn't usually effect me anyways.
Old Nov. 10th, '08, 7:50 pm   #4
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I was disappointed when he killed himself like that because I really liked his character and was hoping to see him continue on but I guess that is what made an even greater impact. I thought the story really picked up from that moment and it made me get more into the game.

Don't click this unless you have made it quite far.
Click here to see full text
The part with Maria where she gets rescued is what got me the most. The way they showed her all beautiful then cut scene and you see what they did to her. I found that to be amazing and put you right in the story. Up until that point Marcus was pissing me off because of his whole Maria search but after that I kinda liked the guy... strange I know as it is only a video game character

The games have definitely been getting better and better at telling stories and it is a large reason why I love Gears so much.
Old Nov. 10th, '08, 8:42 pm   #5
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 2,925
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

It's funny too cause Gears isn't so much about the story, yet it does have an effect on you.
Old Nov. 11th, '08, 3:43 am   #6
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

I haven't played Gears 2 yet but I've always found it odd that video games get such a bad rap. I mean look at hollywood or whats on tv every night and you'll see a brought to life version of it all. And that's with real people, not computer generated ones.