Old Sep. 27th, '17, 9:01 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,029
Long Island, NY
XBS XBSHL Season 19 Update #2

XBSHL Season 19 Update #2

Hello fellow XBS Members,

Let me start by saying that we on the admin team truly appreciate all of our members who have stuck with us during this period of transition at XBS. As we move ahead we look forward to working with all of you as a community to continue to improve upon the XBSHL. Remember, you guys are just as important to the success of the league as we are as admins.

Following, I am going outline a few topics that we wanted to share with you as we prepare to reboot Season 19. Please read the post in it’s entirety.

Important Dates:
  • September 27th: Sign ups reboot
    • Yes, we are asking all members to sign up again, just so that we have an accurate count.
    • However, now you only need to sign up on the scoreboard. We have eliminated the position card thread (see below.)
  • October 7th: Sign ups close
  • October 8th: Draft
  • October 15th: Season Starts

Yes, we know it’s a minor inconvenience for you to sign up again, but please do. The greatest thing about the sign ups is that now, you don’t have to complete two steps!

However, it’s important to note, when we used the position card thread, you were asked to rate your positions on a scale of 1 to 5. Now when you strictly sign up on the scoreboard a three star rating scale is used to determine your favored positions. So please keep that in mind when you are filling out your preferred positions. Also, please be as detailed as possible in the Availability Extra text box at the bottom of your position card. To go to directly to the scoreboard to sign up for Season 19 please click here and just click on the sign up button on the left.

And just to give you a reference point, I took a look at my position card to give you some perspective. For center, I selected preferred which translates to 3 stars on my position card. For left wing, I chose occasional and that translates to 2 stars. Finally, for defense I chose rarely which translates to 1 star. So to recap:

Preferred = 3 Stars
Occasional = 2 Stars
Rarely = 1 Star
Never = 0 Stars

Draft:
I know I keep saying it, but in an effort to reset the league we trying to keep things as simple as possible. With that in mind, we are going to use a serpentine draft structure while also eliminating the bidding process during the draft.

Season structure:
Our current plan (and this is subject to change), is to have a 36 game season. Each week of the season will consist of three nights of hockey with doubleheaders each night, for a total of 6 games per week. The season will span 6 weeks followed by playoffs. Again, as I mentioned previously, depending on sign ups and teams this will be subject to change.

Behind the scenes:
I cannot point out enough how important Pierre (Makakk) has been during this transition period. The amount of technical issues he has addressed in such a short amount of time is phenomenal. Without him stepping up to the plate to take care of the scoreboard and site, I’m not even sure XBS would exist anymore.

So, I would ask you all to please take the time to thank Pierre. If you can’t find the time to do that, you might just find Pierre knocking on your door, looking to give you a private “lesson”, proving that his fists also work off of the virtual ice.

Looking forward:
As an admin team, we cannot thank you, our members, enough for sticking it out with us during this difficult transition period. Most importantly, if we are going to revive XBS, a majority of that responsibility falls on all of us as a community. As members you need to be involved in anyway you can to make XBS an enjoyable and fun place to visit where we can all come to interact. In order for us to listen to the community and get your feedback we have also created a new feedback thread where you can go to share your thoughts about the league. So, here is to the future of XBS!

Sincerely,

Last edited by Makakk88; Oct. 7th, '17 at 2:26 pm.

Old Sep. 27th, '17, 9:22 pm   #2
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,136
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Great work guys!

Way to go makkak!

Old Sep. 27th, '17, 9:42 pm   #3
NYIsles1972
Feb 2017 31
Long Island, NY

Let's get this season going boys!

Great job Makkak and obviously the rest of the team!

Old Sep. 27th, '17, 9:49 pm   #4
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,439
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Great job by all those involved

Old Sep. 27th, '17, 10:50 pm   #5
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Thanks Pierre.

Old Sep. 28th, '17, 7:50 am   #6
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,662
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Thank you Pierre!!! I miss league games.

And thanks to all the behind the scenes helpers keeping this afloat.

As an aside, just re-signed up.

Old Sep. 28th, '17, 8:25 am   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

All hail Joe Heins!

Signed up and ready to go, can't wait!

Old Sep. 28th, '17, 10:08 am   #8
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,205

Awesome work guys! Big thanks to all who make it happen.

Old Oct. 2nd, '17, 3:46 am   #9
KT
Jul 2008 5,132

Ready to go!

Old Oct. 3rd, '17, 9:11 am   #10
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,922
St. Louis, MO

Looks good, thanks for the update!