Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 12:09 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,029
Long Island, NY
XBS Moving Forward At XBS

Hello members,

To follow up on the announcement made concerning the upcoming season, we wanted to provide an update on a few things in regards to the site and league as well.

Personnel changes:
BTW and Nexus will no longer be involved with running the scoreboard and addressing the technical issues of the site. With that being said, we need to offer them our thanks for keeping the league and site running over the past few seasons. The amount of time and effort they put in here at XBS to allow us all to continue gaming here cannot be overlooked. Before stepping down, they even provided detailed directions for us to follow in order to get the league up and running again.

Blaklash will be stepping down as an XBSHL commissioner. Again, his contributions to the site and league as well cannot be overlooked. When we had to “reset” the league sort of speak a few years ago, Blaklash offered to remain in his admin role to get the league up and running again. We can tell you from experience, working as a commissioner at XBS is not an easy job, and for a period of time he was doing it all on his own. So, once again, please take the time to thank Blaklash for his time and effort given to the league and site.

Taking on the vacated roles of BTW and Nexus will be Makakk and Kabbott, two guys who have been here for a long time and have offered to help. The importance of this cannot be overlooked because without these two helping out, things would be looking pretty bleak at XBS right now. Currently, they are both taking a look at all the technical aspects of the league and site. So please, when you get a minute take the time to reach out to them and say thanks.

Moving forward:
At this point, the current admin team will be composed of OSB, Rip, BleedBlueblood, Phoenix, DustyRytStyk, and Makakk who will be working alongside our commissioners NoRegretzkys and Kabbott (who will be assisting Makakk as well). As a team we will be working together to keep XBS and the XBSHL up and running.

We understand that all of you want to get back to gaming here in the XBSHL and we do as well. However, at this point we cannot give you a timetable for when the season will start, but it seems that it should be sooner rather than later. So please be patient and we will continue to update the community as we move forward. We are really looking forward to working with everyone to revive XBS and return it back to what it once was.

Sincerely,

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Sep. 15th, '17 at 12:16 pm.

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 12:40 pm   #2
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 870

Many thanks to BTW and Nexus for all the work you guys did. That can't be overlooked as a lot of work and effort were put in. Also, we can't thank you enough for the instructions you left to run the scoreboard. Those are critical to keep the league going. It shows a high level of professionalism as well.

Also thanks to Markus for his involvement in the league as a commissionner.

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 1:13 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

Yes, a big thank you to all those guys! You really helped us out over the past year or so. All that you've done is greatly appreciated as it helped us to keep going.

Now onto the next chapter at XBS

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 1:15 pm   #4
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,783
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

I'll echo what was said in the previous three posts. Thanks to those guys for everything they did.

Let's push ahead now and get this next season going!

#proudnewfie
Old Sep. 15th, '17, 1:23 pm   #5
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,662
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Thanks to everyone that helps out in some way, shape, or form.

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 2:16 pm   #6
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,136
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Huge thanks to BTW/Nexus class acts leaving detailed instructions, you guys did a great job!

Im happy to see the slippery frenchman working behind the scenes im sure his work will be slick and efficient like his play style

Great to see Kabbot involved as well (behind the scenes with the Mak and alongside lightning thumbs no regrets, they should make a solid tandem.

Phoenix is still around? if he is....he hides pretty well

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 5:15 pm   #7
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,601
Boston
XBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
Phoenix is still around? if he is....he hides pretty well
Phoenix is on the long road to recovery from a head injury suffered more than a year ago in a car accident. He's just now getting to the point where he can start to look at screens for short bursts without serious adverse effects. It was good to see him stop by the site the other day, for the first time in over a year I believe.

I too would like to echo my gratitude to BTW, Nexus, and Markus, for all their hard work on behalf of our site. It can be a thankless volunteer effort that takes up significant time. That cannot be stated enough. Thank you guys for all you did for us.

I'd also like to express my gratitude to Pierre and Kyle for stepping forward and taking on new challenges to try and get us back up and running again. Without their insight and time volunteered, we'd be in significantly more dire straits.

I'm excited about the group that's coming together to work on the site and league, and I'm looking forward to getting things going again.

Peace!

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 6:55 pm   #8
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,136
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
Phoenix is on the long road to recovery from a head injury suffered more than a year ago in a car accident. He's just now getting to the point where he can start to look at screens for short bursts without serious adverse effects. It was good to see him stop by the site the other day, for the first time in over a year I believe.
Unreal man thats fkin horrible news!

if you speak with rob wish him all the best! also let him know that i miss the "fat Kid"

Old Sep. 15th, '17, 10:59 pm   #9
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,110
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Thanks to everyone who's contributed their time to keep this place running. It is not always easy and it is most certainly a thankless job sometimes when it ought not to be but everyone mentioned as well as others over the years pressed forward for the greater good and enjoyment of many of us.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Sep. 16th, '17, 11:10 am   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Thanks to all those involved in keeping this community and league up and running in the past and in to the future. Thanks guys, it's much appreciated.

And I'm glad to hear Rob is still progressing well. Hope that continues.